WI: Donald Trump never won the 2016 election but a dark horse candidate won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first go at anything political on here, so sorry if I made any mistakes.
In line with this rule:
General discussion about alternate history scenarios where the divergence from real history happens from 1900 AD onward. Post "what if" questions and talk about the results. NOT debates about present-day politics.

this is not a debate about politics, but about a scenario.

In OTL, the 2016 election was down to Clinton vs Trump.

WI, in this scenario, it was Trump, Clinton and Wilson?

Wilson in this case refers to Danielle Anne Wilson [born 15 May 1982], from Parkersburg, West Virginia, a single mom to a 5-year-old daughter, Jennifer, who has never seen her dad since he left her aged 18 months old and fled to Texas. Danielle is half-Italian, half-Scottish American, born to an Scottish-Indo-Canadian mother and Italian-American father. I've chosen this name as it's a generic-ish sounding one, but also sounds real too. She has dual U.S./Canadian citizenship.

Danielle works for the city government in Parkersburg, and has no history in politics before now. She got a millionaire to help fund her campaign, and he was moved by her letter.

She could be considered a dark horse candidate.

Her popularity came from her being herself, having no real scandals (other than getting traffic tickets and winning a bakery contest with high-quality cakes in 2009, but that's not really a scandal), but is otherwise unknown. She's well-known in the suburb of Parkersburg she resides in but isn't a celebrity.

Danielle wins the U.S. election on November 9, 2016.

What would the timeline look like between the election win and up to what is, now, in OTL, the dismissal of James Comey? [and nothing beyond that]. How would her presidency look? I know it's a short time frame.

This is an AHC for anyone who's interested in politics, and I hope this goes well.

It's also ASB, because even if this dark horse independent has access to unlimited cash, she's still completely unqualified for the position and has zero experience at the state, let alone federal level. I mean, Donald Trump is utterly unqualified to be President, but this hypothetical third party candidate is even less qualified, because at least Donald Trump has least the backing of a national party and could (theoretically) rely on their support once elected.

It's also ASB, because even if this dark horse independent has access to unlimited cash, she's still completely unqualified for the position and has zero experience at the state, let alone federal level. I mean, Donald Trump is utterly unqualified to be President, but this hypothetical third party candidate is even less qualified, because at least Donald Trump has least the backing of a national party and could (theoretically) rely on their support once elected.

I should have realized this. Would a government employee not count as such? She's an independent candidate in this scenario.

Rarename91

Banned
This is my first go at anything political on here, so sorry if I made any mistakes.
In line with this rule:
General discussion about alternate history scenarios where the divergence from real history happens from 1900 AD onward. Post "what if" questions and talk about the results. NOT debates about present-day politics.

this is not a debate about politics, but about a scenario.

In OTL, the 2016 election was down to Clinton vs Trump.

WI, in this scenario, it was Trump, Clinton and Wilson?

Wilson in this case refers to Danielle Anne Wilson [born 15 May 1982], from Parkersburg, West Virginia, a single mom to a 5-year-old daughter, Jennifer, who has never seen her dad since he left her aged 18 months old and fled to Texas. Danielle is half-Italian, half-Scottish American, born to an Scottish-Indo-Canadian mother and Italian-American father. I've chosen this name as it's a generic-ish sounding one, but also sounds real too. She has dual U.S./Canadian citizenship.

Danielle works for the city government in Parkersburg, and has no history in politics before now. She got a millionaire to help fund her campaign, and he was moved by her letter.

She could be considered a dark horse candidate.

Her popularity came from her being herself, having no real scandals (other than getting traffic tickets and winning a bakery contest with high-quality cakes in 2009, but that's not really a scandal), but is otherwise unknown. She's well-known in the suburb of Parkersburg she resides in but isn't a celebrity.

Danielle wins the U.S. election on November 9, 2016.

What would the timeline look like between the election win and up to what is, now, in OTL, the dismissal of James Comey? [and nothing beyond that]. How would her presidency look? I know it's a short time frame.

This is an AHC for anyone who's interested in politics, and I hope this goes well.
I am guessing you are Danielle

A darke horse candidate? How much more dark horse then Trump can you get. I mean he did try out more as a media stunt then for real to get on the ballot in 2012, but apart of that, until a month before the primaries he was just a reality TV star with lots of money. Even until spring of 2016 he was the odd man out amongst all the Republican candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.