WI conservatives win in 1997

Dont know but what would happen afterwards how would britain react to four more years of conservative rule ?

Dont know but what would happen afterwards how would britain react to four more years of conservative rule ?

It's an unanswerable question, because you need to provide the circumstances that allow for it to happen - those circumstances necessarily inform what would happen subsequently. If you can't, then this is an ASB scenario.

Saphroneth

Banned
It would take a LOT for this to happen. Labour had had a lead in the polls - and a comfortable one - since about six months after the previous general election.
So one or both parties would probably need very different policies.

It would take a LOT for this to happen. Labour had had a lead in the polls - and a comfortable one - since about six months after the previous general election.
So one or both parties would probably need very different policies.

Quite. The only way I can see the Conservatives winning in 1997 is if they lose in 1992 first, which I don't think is what the OP meant. Seriously, Major's government was in dead man walking territory by then. Even if Labour did implode spectacularly somehow - forex, Gordon Brown throws a mobile phone at Tony in one of his rages and catches him square between the eyes (mobile phones were heavier in the nineties than now) and Brown's murder trial coincides with the general election - then I think we'd probably still see a LibDem/Labour rump coalition.