WI: Biden runs against Hillary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Biden had decided to run in the 2016 Democratic primaries? What demographics and/or regions would have supported him or Hillary, and which candidate would win? I'm assuming that if Biden entered, he would suck up all the oxygen from Bernie who wouldn't have nearly as much appeal as the default anti-Hillary candidate and instead remain on the fringe as he was originally expected to, but I could be wrong.

For Joe Biden to consider a run in 2016, you'd have to butterfly Beau Biden's passing in May 2015. He could additionally be helped by an earlier and more serious scandal imploding Hillary Clinton and the Obama presidency being more successfully domestically. I'd say that if Biden entered the primaries, Bernie Sanders would have likely stayed out. Otherwise, Biden would not have much of a place because Clinton takes the Establishment Lane, while Sanders takes the Insurgent Lane. Martin O'Malley likely drops out of the race by or before December 2015, because with Biden in the race, he'd be polling below one percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.