WI America and Brazil

Cherico

Banned
Ive got this idea stuck in my head about north america being unified
under the US and south america being unfied under Brazil.

But what would these two content states look like Economically?
How does two unified continates in the americas change the
world policts?
Are the us and Brazil doomed to a cold war were each country
watches the other or do they become friends?
How does this change world history?

Last edited:
Please do try to use US not America, you'll upset our Canadian and other American posters. They are doomed to cold war, it's just the natural order of things.

In general, the North American portion would be doing pretty well off economically and probably filling the same role as IOTL. South America would pretty much be where it is right now - not going anywhere very fast. Brazil isn't the power to 'unify' South America - they are the odd nation out, so to speak.

They might do better with a different economical system.

The Latin American countries, with some exceptions, are still slaves to their pasts. The Spanish colonial method of governance didn't change with independence (just those on the top did) and is probably still proving to be a quagmire to get out of today.

Eggh, if anything were to be unified in South AMerica, it would probably be along 3 powerbloc things, a big Brazil, a big Argentina, and oh I dunno, some sort of new Inca thing/ Gran Columbo.

Very implausible, yes, but makes for interesting TL.

Brazil unifying South America? It's really very implausible. We had many problems to get an unified Brazil, imagine an unified continent! And in this case geography and population work against Brazil. I think it would be almost completely impossible.