WI - Allies Win Easier Better Faster Stronger in WWII

It depends on how early you want it. Cause I just started a TL (shameless promotion) about Patton and Montgomery going to Berlin in 1944. Can't spoil the end but the allies do win much faster then in OTL.

I just finished reading the first book in W. Churchill's history of WW2 last night; from the look of things, there were dozens of excellent opportunities to avoid war and keep Germany control, but France, the UK, the League of Nations, et al, always chose the wrong path. Any time before 1938 and the Allies could have rolled over Germany; they had the authority of military power backing their diplomats, but not once did they consider throwing up a roadblock.

As Astrowank said, if you wrote OTL's WW2 as a fiction, it would border on the laughable; you'd never accept that the victors of WW1 would be so myopic regarding Germany.

Have the French government flee to Algeria then regroup invade Libya Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica and then Italy itself and eventually southern France.

Realistic new technology...

Britain did develop an Argus radar-homing missile, but it was under-used because on its first mission, the German radar ops turned the radars off when they saw something heading for them. There was also the pigeon-navigated Cyclops anti-ship and anti-airfield missile, dropped because it was considered ornithological cruelty and too hilarious to be true. Think of it - 'Piccadilly Pigeon Craps the Bismarck'. ROFL.

Myself I'd like guided weapons on the Allied side as a massive force multiplier. The USAAF had crude guided bombs late in WW2, but (in typical fat-headedness) forgot those and the WW2 lessons on radar and radio jamming by the Vietnam War. Make Barnes Wallis and Watson-Watt meet and develop radar-guided (illumination beam-riding) precise munitions. That would give Bomber Harris an order of three to ten times as much bombing effectiveness.

Another nice nasty would be Allied development of cluster munitions to attack armour and troop-concentrations or airfields. Ultimate non-nuclear would be for some boffin to witness a gas explosion and produce a fuel-air-explosive device. Given that an FAE has enough blast effect to cover a square kilometer, I can't think of a better nasty to use against targets before dumping incendiary bombs on the remains.

Cheers !

Not enough is being said on the Soviet Union. That front--from a Russian perspective--was just one clusterfuck to the next. Remove Stalin before the military purges, and you have just made the Soviet Union massively more competent. Assuming this new leader has the competence of a monkey, he will listen to his intelligence experts who are telling him Germany is preparing for the war, then you have greatly shortened the Eastern front, since they now will be prepared for war, have enough officers, and be able to man the originally intended offensive line. If you throw in more successful Soviet-Japanese border skirmishes, then the USSR may even have more troops from the East brought up to the west in time to deal with Hitler. Even better, with this new leader, the prewar negotiations between the USSR and the Western Democracies goes better, and they form what effectivly becomes an anti-Nazi alliance. They were close to this IOTL, but for the wording of some sections. With no Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, the war becomes much, much shorter. That said, this scenario could lead to a war between the USSR and the Western allies.

So far all the ideas described here look plausible to me.
Here are some scenarioes from outside this forum, with the first link leading to the scenario with the earliest defeat of Germany:
http://www.changingthetimes.net/samples/darkvalley/on_to_berlin.htm

Better co-ordination between France and Belgium makes a successful Blitzkrieg in the West impossible. The author of this scenario has this lead to a stalemate and a peace conference, but I think it could also lead to an earlier defeat of Hitler:
http://www.changingthetimes.net/samples/ww2/ww2_belgian_question.htm

A scenario with the Normandy invasion one year earlier:
http://www.changingthetimes.net/samples/ww2/a_year_sooner.htm

A scenario with the war in Europe ending roughly in December 1944:
http://www.changingthetimes.net/samples/ww2/professionals_study_logistics.htm