WI/AHC: Wank Nizari Ismaili Persia

So, context. A lot people are familiar with the Order of Assassins, or Hashashins (Probably mostly from Assassin's Creed). However, what some people might be unaware of is that the Hashasins were actually an independent theocracy that had a network of castles from Syria to Persia/Iran, that followed the Nizari Isma'ilism Shia sect. It was founded by Hassan-i Sabbah, who started the state to overthrow the Seljuk Empire.

Then the Seljuk Empire collapsed into infighting, as there was no central figure to overthrow, just a bunch of other Seljuk Warlords fighting each other, who also wanted to crush the Nizari fortresses. So, being outnumbered, the Nizari turned to assassination and intimidation for the next century, became absolutely legendary for it, until their annihilation from the Mongol Empire.

Here's a bit of challenge. Wank the Nizari Ismaili State to the point where they can takeover all of Persia/Iran, and possibly Syria, forming a large empire with a elective Imam, and their empire convert it to the Nizari Isma'ilism Shia sect. So, if short-terms, have them pull a Safavids before the Safavids.

Here's an idea of what the scale of this wanking would look like, although not entirely accurate. Something around this:
1635129789100.png

(Map belongs to @Crazy Boris )

Gonna watch this because this is one of the most interesting questions I’ve seen asked on here. Definitely want to see what people can come up with for this scenario.

If I recall correctly the Mongols turned on them on a whim of the Khan. It should not be impossible for the Ismailis to win him over.

Last edited:
An unorthodox and perhaps even uncharacteristic move would be to join the Mongol Empire, and then work to convert the resultant Ilkhanate from within. It's a very long shot, by any means, but even they were no match for them IOTL anyway, so...