Why the Chinese play cricket (The Pax Imperialis)

The Yao is being bankrolled by the PA cry as they might Chiang is smart enough not to bite the hand that feeds him

He isn't, but those underneath him might. As often the case when it comes to war, those with the best mindset for it are not often the most equipped with politics. If the wind changes, the war starts to not go so well, those bitter soldiers are going to become much more of an issue.

So far the war has been a long slog, but it's been one that at least in Asia, the Allies have been winning. They'll take their lickings as long as things continue to go well.

Yep Chang is no fool and won't go against the PA. However it does weaken his position internally and will have an effect on Yao morale.

And an update, I'm reworking Greece and the North African campaign in the European War.

Right have a rough idea what I'm doing with Greece, it took some working out. The Greeks carry the bulk of the war against Turkish insurgents causing a considerable drain on the Greek economy contributing to the coup. After the coup, the liberals under Venizelos form an opposition but it's relatively ineffective due to French fascist support for the new regime and Venizelos refusal to accept help from the WP. After Venizelos death in 36, the Liberals are taken over by Nikolaos Plastiras. He does accept WP support and forms an effective opposition contributing to the poor performance of the Greek army during the war.

Sound reasonable?

Right have a rough idea what I'm doing with Greece, it took some working out. The Greeks carry the bulk of the war against Turkish insurgents causing a considerable drain on the Greek economy contributing to the coup. After the coup, the liberals under Venizelos form an opposition but it's relatively ineffective due to French fascist support for the new regime and Venizelos refusal to accept help from the WP. After Venizelos death in 36, the Liberals are taken over by Nikolaos Plastiras. He does accept WP support and forms an effective opposition contributing to the poor performance of the Greek army during the war.

Sound reasonable?

I am torn between my home country doing poorly and my desire for my home country to save itself from 30years of coups that drove my family to Canada. But overall yes it seems plausible

I am torn between my home country doing poorly and my desire for my home country to save itself from 30years of coups that drove my family to Canada. But overall yes it seems plausible

Long term it's probably good for Greece, possibly avoiding the civil war and getting a stable government much sooner.

Sound reasonable?

But wouldn't the Greek army be chock-full of Venizelist officers who would take issue with such a regime? As well as a very large fraction of the population including just about everyone living in Izmir? Both the King and the government would have to tread very carefully and it's likely that support for their coup would derive from public dissatisfaction with the continued war in Turkey? Something that their pro entente stance would necessitate its continued involvement?

The main support for the coup seems to run counter-intuitively to their political decisions

But wouldn't the Greek army be chock-full of Venizelist officers who would take issue with such a regime? As well as a very large fraction of the population including just about everyone living in Izmir? Both the King and the government would have to tread very carefully and it's likely that support for their coup would derive from public dissatisfaction with the continued war in Turkey? Something that their pro entente stance would necessitate its continued involvement?

The main support for the coup seems to run counter-intuitively to their political decisions

I see your point, rethinking again.

I wonder if I could actually turn the Liberals toward authoritarianism. Certainly means getting rid of the king but that should be possible.

I think I have a grip on the problem I've been having with Greece now. The biggest thing is to remember the National Schism didn't happen ITTL, so the divide between the Venizolosists and Royalists is no where near as bitter. Both the King and Venizelos come out of the Great War with massive popular support. So it boils down to a simple power struggle, and Venizelos is hampered by his failure to get Izmir in 1919. I have to go back further than I thought.

I think the largest territorial consensus, outside of alternations to the US-CW border, that the CW will probably go for is Alaska and Rupert Land.

We must remember that Alaska at this point is a barely populated mostly frozen territory which doesn't have any known useful resources at this point and it opened up a second line of attack for the PA during the Transpacific war.

Rupert land is more than likely going to be concession by the PA to reduce the war demands from the CW, "if we give you this territory than was your at one point will you reduce ...".

I think the largest territorial consensus, outside of alternations to the US-CW border, that the CW will probably go for is Alaska and Rupert Land.

We must remember that Alaska at this point is a barely populated mostly frozen territory which doesn't have any known useful resources at this point and it opened up a second line of attack for the PA during the Transpacific war.

Rupert land is more than likely going to be concession by the PA to reduce the war demands from the CW, "if we give you this territory than was your at one point will you reduce ...".

Much as this is a CW centric TL, there's just no way they're going to be in a position to impose a victor's peace no matter how well they do. Plus the CW already know the post war world is going to feature nukes and nobody in the CW government is going to be stupid enough to assume the US won't get their own.

What is the flag of Federation?

That is an exceptionally good question and one I'd given absolutely no thought too. My first thought was the union flag but that's wrong. Next thought blue field with a circle of fifteen red stars bordered in white (representing the the five home nations and ten dominions).