Why People Hate "Alternate History" (See SPIKE-TV)

Well, it is apparently the big list of 'The way to do things wrong...' that i ever see.

Only good for laughs....
The bad side (the worst because don't have any good one....) is that killed any decent AH show possibility

Well, it is apparently the big list of 'The way to do things wrong...' that i ever see.

Only good for laughs....
The bad side (the worst because don't have any good one....) is that killed any decent AH show possibility

No. It just proved Spike ain't the one that can do it.

No. It just proved Spike ain't the one that can do it.
Considering how poor the ratings were for the show, the message to other networks is that "alternate history" is "ratings poison". The fact that it has been put on hiatus after one episode, sends that message to all networks...

Consider how The Misfits of Science starring Courtney Cox, "poisoned the well" for prime-time live-action superhero series until Buffy the Vampire Slayer ....

Cant wait to see the episode bout the dinos surviving! It will be hilarious. The producers were playing to much Dino d-day.

If they create a show of What If Norton Really Became Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico, would that make you chance your opinion?

My opinion is that they suck. Which they do. And they are and will fuck up alternate history because they suck. Which they did and will do. So an episode after my namesake will be made of half assed suck and he'll probably fight back a Nazi invasion to boot. As I have already fought back said invasion (and have yet to receive a thank you), I'm convinced whatever they touch turns to brown doo doo.

Considering how poor the ratings were for the show, the message to other networks is that "alternate history" is "ratings poison". The fact that it has been put on hiatus after one episode, sends that message to all networks...

Consider how The Misfits of Science starring Courtney Cox, "poisoned the well" for prime-time live-action superhero series until Buffy the Vampire Slayer ....

Well, it was a half-assed special that was very limitedly advertised. The only advertising I remember for it was that one like 30 second commercial, which I don't remember seeing much except on Spike shortly before the special. And lack of advertising equates to a lot of the lack of viewership and popularity in TV.

Either way, I don't care. It's not like we're just waiting for the day we make it big and become popular. We're always gonna be at the level we are now, adjusted for inflation as the general population level fluctuates, and we'll have the same recognition we have now. We aren't gonna have multiple TV series' and or a whole channel to us or anything. This is the mountain top. Sit down and have a picnic.

At least the worldwide Nazi Empire from the first TimeRiders book made (a sort of) sense - and that book is young adult fiction...

For those of you who don't know, it involves time travellers convincing Hitler not to go through with Barbarossa, and giving the Germans advanced future technology. Later Hitler is offed, the head of the time travellers makes himself the Fuhrer, turns the Nazis more inclusive, and invades the US using giant airships, which obviously makes the Americans surrender out of the pure awesomeness of it all :)rolleyes:). The rest of the world is eventually conquered by the late 90s.

And, while there is an internet, it is very heavily censored, and doesn't include information prior to the 1950s, due to the new Fuhrer declaring a "new age" or something like that...

At least the worldwide Nazi Empire from the first TimeRiders book made (a sort of) sense - and that book is young adult fiction...

For those of you who don't know, it involves time travellers convincing Hitler not to go through with Barbarossa, and giving the Germans advanced future technology. Later Hitler is offed, the head of the time travellers makes himself the Fuhrer, turns the Nazis more inclusive, and invades the US using giant airships, which obviously makes the Americans surrender out of the pure awesomeness of it all :)rolleyes:). The rest of the world is eventually conquered by the late 90s.

And, while there is an internet, it is very heavily censored, and doesn't include information prior to the 1950s, due to the new Fuhrer declaring a "new age" or something like that...

The white doesn't really work when you put in a emoticon. :p

I died a little inside

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I had to turn it off after hearing "Hitler devastates the allied invasion with jet fighters"
The Nazi's couldn't have made jet practical fighters. The Nazi jet engine had to be rebuilt after a few flights, Britain was closer to Jet fighters then the Reich. According to this scientific documentry I saw (can't remember the name) Britain had the tech to make them before the war, it wasn't deemed practical or something.

It did almost as well as the Deadliest Warrior episode that night (though how much of this is due to the holdover from the Deadliest Warrior episode is uncertain). And from the looks of it Spike decided to turn it into a one-off special for now long before it aired.

It did almost as well as the Deadliest Warrior episode that night (though how much of this is due to the holdover from the Deadliest Warrior episode is uncertain). And from the looks of it Spike decided to turn it into a one-off special for now long before it aired.

Which is basically a sign that SPIKE-TV has stated it has no faith in the project being a series. Considering the poor reviews it received, most executives will attribute its ratings solely to the holdover of viewers from Deadliest Warrior. Either way, when factored with the poor reviews by this site, and other online sites, the future for any further Alternate History projects is dim.

It's the CSA movie turned into an entire series except it's all meant to be serious and legitimate.

the csa was always meant to be silly...it was a mockumentory...people got that from the offgo...well...people with brains at least...ive seen some commnets on youtube which really goes to prove that reconstruction int eh south never did much