Who else for Margaret Tudor?

Basically, if James IV of Scotland was unavailable for whatever reason, who might she have married?

Basically, if James IV of Scotland was unavailable for whatever reason, who might she have married?

The future Charles V?
Iirc her sister Mary was betrothed to him at the time of HVII's death, but HVIII decided to marry her to Louis XII of France instead. As Margaret was older, her marriage might have gone ahead before their father's death.

The future Charles V?
Iirc her sister Mary was betrothed to him at the time of HVII's death, but HVIII decided to marry her to Louis XII of France instead. As Margaret was older, her marriage might have gone ahead before their father's death.

She's too old for Karl V, but (and this is based on a Philippa Gregory idea), Margaret was apparently considered for Louis XII ahead of Mary, but then went and married Douglas. I've seen her offered to Fernando II of Aragon as a second wife, as well as to Christian II of Denmark. Chances are though, that she's going to end up as a second wife to whomever she marries. Maybe if Anne of Brittany dies in childbirth, Margaret will be considered for Louis (if he's still king of France) here.

The age difference is no greater than that between Philip II and Mary I.

Difference being that Mary brought a kingdom with her, Margaret does not. So, the chances of such a marriage being agreed to is small to non-existent, without killing off Arthur and Henry and any other son that Henry VII might have.

Difference being that Mary brought a kingdom with her, Margaret does not. So, the chances of such a marriage being agreed to is small to non-existent, without killing off Arthur and Henry and any other son that Henry VII might have.

OK. In that case maybe Christian II. As with Scotland, Denmark-Norway would probably be the Junior partner in any union of crowns that might result.

I would have wanted to see a Christian II and Margaret Tudor scenario. With no imperial interferance in the dissolution of the Kalmar Union perhaps Gustav Vasa would have had it easier to establish himself as king of sweden and even perhaps married some other wife.