Which Before 1900AD conquer has had the most influence in YOUR LIFE?

Which of these 3 have had MOST influence in YOUR OWN PERSONAL LIFE?

• Alexander the Great

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Genghis Khan

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Jesus of Nazareth

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
British Empire- well, more specifically, the English Empire, since it was the Kingdom of England that allowed the creation of the place where I live...

Glen

Which Before 1900AD conquer has had the most influence in YOUR PERSONAL LIFE?

Probably Charlemagne, given his importance to the history of Western Europe and both my wife and myself being descendants of him.

William the Conqueror would be a close second for the same reasons...

HueyLong

Banned
Thats not a "conquer", nor a "conqueror".

Jesus did little. His Disciples and the later church did much of the conquering.

Wait, Gandhi's a conquerer now? Hahahahaha, yes all the people of London widen their eyes and draw bated breath when they hear mention of The White Swaddle/Underwear of Doom.

In all seriousness though, there is a huge difference between a person of influence and a conquerer. Jesus didnt conquer anyone. I am heavily influenced by the authors I read, but that doesnt mean they've conquered my brain or something like that.

HelloLegend

Banned
One need not conquer with a blade.
Britney Spears conquered me back in the late 90s, then
she unconquered me later.

I don´t know, maybe Jesus, maybe Genghis Khan. I think those two are a bit more influential than Alexander.

Yet, it´s hard to compare those. Would jesus have existed, would his word have spread in a world without Alexander?
And what about Genghis Khan himself, assuming he isn´t butterflyed away, how does the world of no Alexander look like to him?

You left no poll option for undecided...

I probably wouldn't exist without any of those three, so it is tough to say. They all brought about my personal existence, so it's pretty equal to me.

One need not conquer with a blade.
Britney Spears conquered me back in the late 90s, then
she unconquered me later.

I admire you sir. You do not allow a words given definition to affect your use of it. Here, let me try.

I conquered my toast this morning, it was delicious. I try to eat healthy now, because my doctor conquered my head with statistics about the bad affects of letting cholestorol conquer the heart. Man, these bananas in my cereal have a lot of fiber, let me go conquer my toilet for a bit.

Hapsburg

Banned
Either Alexander III or Genghis Khan...probably Genghis Khan.

Jesus hasn't affected me personally at all, except making me irritated. Besides, he's not a conqueror. He was a crazy proto-hippie.

HueyLong

Banned
HelloLegend, you odd definition of history places Britney Spears above Alexander the Great in importance.

HelloLegend

Banned
I admire you sir. You do not allow a words given definition to affect your use of it. Here, let me try.

I conquered my toast this morning, it was delicious. I try to eat healthy now, because my doctor conquered my head with statistics about the bad affects of letting cholestorol conquer the heart. Man, these bananas in my cereal have a lot of fiber, let me go conquer my toilet for a bit.

You must forgive me, for I learned English only 7 years ago.

HelloLegend, you odd definition of history places Britney Spears above Alexander the Great in importance.

Well, this is just a classic example of stubborness. Alexander always becomes less and less important and each of the others more and more wrong.

This feels strangely a lot like viewing debates between atheists and fundamentalists...

Although it's pretty equal due to all three having an impact on my existence, I've decided it was Alexander the Great that has had the most influence in MY LIFE.
Why? Because MY LIFE started out in a typical protestant Christian way, so it started out heavily influenced by Jesus of Nazereth. However, I soon became a big fan of history, and my favorite historical empire became the Mongols once I learned about the sheer size of their conquered territory, so Genghis would have had a lot of influence then. That was back in high school, though, and though I still play as the Mongols when I drag out and dust off "Age of Empires II", I am currently drawn to read the posts here about Alexander. Therefore, Alexander has the most influence in MY LIFE, because the others are largely forgotten. Only about 10% of me remembers Jesus, and maybe 20% Genghis. I'd say at least 40-50% of me remembers Alexander, and I'm typing more about Alexander right now, at this instant, so he wins.