When Worlds Collide

I just re-read the second book, After Worlds Collide. Its still a good read even if it has all the 1950 cliches in it. (Helpless women, evil commies, evil germans, evil japanese.) I even like the original movie.

The new one is a little confusing. How did Alpha Centauri move from its position so quickly? Is it Alpha Centauri A, Alpha Centuari B, & Proxima Centauri coming together or is it only one of these suns? Or two?

I'll be interested to see the movie, but they should have just kept it unknown planets coming in from the depths of Space.

I just re-read the second book, After Worlds Collide. Its still a good read even if it has all the 1950 cliches in it. (Helpless women, evil commies, evil germans, evil japanese.) I even like the original movie.

The new one is a little confusing. How did Alpha Centauri move from its position so quickly? Is it Alpha Centauri A, Alpha Centuari B, & Proxima Centauri coming together or is it only one of these suns? Or two?

I'll be interested to see the movie, but they should have just kept it unknown planets coming in from the depths of Space.

You know, we've _done_ the Apollo project. The notion that anything less than the concerted efforts of a major nation can build an interplanetary colonization ship might have been credible in the 50's, but now? Billionaire astronomer my ass...

(Of course, a movie that has Alpha Centauri somehow sneaking up on us is probably not going to exactly be brimming with careful attention to scientific detail).

Bruce

Hmm. Sounds interesting ... but, yes, the premise should have kept the idea of unknown worlds being drawn into our Solar System from deep space, rather than Alpha Centauri. The last time I checked, weren't there like three stars in the AC system? And no idea of planets ...

RealityBYTES