Votes: 59 24.0%
  • Soviet

Votes: 42 17.1%
  • Balkanized

Votes: 49 19.9%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 19 7.7%

• Total voters
I like Российская Федерация the best, although Союз Советских Социалистических Республик comes in at a close second.

USSR borders do make a lot of sense, and late USSR over Tsarist Russia of any time, but of course like all romantics I should mention pre-Mongol Rus, which was a very interesting and very lively civilisation.

Tsarist Russia for me, both Rurikid period and Romanov dynasty. It was one of the longest lasting dynasties in the Russian state, while the USSR only lasted 74 years.

A Federal Democratic Republic of Russia with a strong government which upholds its dignity and faces all external challenges resolutely is the one I like the best. I think that Vladimir Putin is doing his job very well. Tsar is dead and buried in his grave with all his family. Let him lie there peacefully never to rise again. Same with Lenin, Stalin, Brezhnev and Boris Yeltsin. Let all rest in peace and their shadows or the shadows of long dead Tsars may not fall over Russia in future.

Last edited:
A liberal, (preferably social) democratic, federalized Russia would have been most favorable to me, whether really large or somewhat small-ish, or something in between.

i put Tsarist, mainly due to the art, precious objects and other important artifacts it gave us, that showed the promise of what Russia could achieve....if they hadnt have being a absolute monarchial dictatorship that drove itself to ruin

Tsarist, because without Tsar's, you cant have the Tsar Tank
WW1_Tsar_Tank___Cutaway_by_VonBrrr.jpg

A Russia that never had to suffer the Mongol Yoke is my favorite kind. Less death and destruction is always nice.

I like to imagine Russia as something like eurasian U.S. with "Slavic Spirit", and Poland as Russia's "younger brother"-I happened to be Polish russophile-strange combination, I know.
I would think Poland's the older brother sence it's been a nation for a lot longer of a time.

I like to imagine Russia as something like eurasian U.S. with "Slavic Spirit", and Poland as Russia's "younger brother"-I happened to be Polish russophile-strange combination, I know.

Conversely, I always saw the USA as a cross between Australia and Brazil. :D

But, that's an interesting way to put it. I guess one could say that Russia is a Eurasian USA that had a string of bad luck.

I would think Poland's the older brother sence it's been a nation for a lot longer of a time.

They are both near-contemporary in their statehood, and both had still-active tribal divisions in the middle ages.

Poland had a clear successor state following its own feudal split up, unlike Rus which had several, but that's no reason to claim one is really older than the other. Both were products of the same dynamics in that part of the world.