What's the best blank world map?

As some of you may know, we over at Collaborative Projects are desperately seeking maps for our 1493 project. So I thought I'd pose a prerequisite question: what's the best blank world map?

The ideal map would be small enough to fit within AH.com's size requirements, but large enough to depict small but important features (like islands). It would be easy to edit over time, and easy to convert back and forth into regional maps (since some small features, like the states in the Holy Roman Empire, are simply too small to show up in ANY global map).

So with those criteria, would anyone care to upload/copy/link to their nominees for best map -- or even create a new one?

newworldmapbw9.png

IMHO.

Thande

Donor
IMO - (with thanks to Lord Sander and Diamond, God rest his soul) :

Kabraloth's may be big, but look at the coastlines of e.g. Britain - too much distortion IMO.

Rivers islands grey borders.png

Kabraloth's may be big, but look at the coastlines of e.g. Britain - too much distortion IMO.
I agree with this one, especially since it's the format that all the Our Timeline Maps are in.

Hapsburg

Banned

Agreed. If only that map was as big as Kabraloth's map, had Antarctica, and included white spots for all the indicated islands, so we could colourize each one.

Last edited: