What next?

Which should I do next?

• Continue with "Fight and Be Right"

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Work on "The Caesariad" first and then return to "Fight and Be Right" after Christmas

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
Now that I've almost finished doing my guest bit for "Decades of Darkness", I've been thinking what to do next. I've already got one Timeline on the go and I've got no intention of abandoning that, but I've had an idea for another, smaller project that I could hopefully have finished in time for Christmas or just after, and I'm a bit torn about which one to go for.

So, I thought I'd see what people on the board think.

The options are these;

1: I continue with "Fight and Be Right". This would be very easy to do, as really so far I've just set up the main action. I have a few parts 50-95% finished and lots of material to be getting on with, Royal marital strife, the destruction of the existing British Party system, a major war, colonial fun in Africa and so on...

2: I hold off on FaBR for a little while and concentrate on a new project, which is called "The Caesariad" and is set in late Republican Rome. It's a much smaller undertaking than FaBR- five or six chapters maximum- and I'd hopefully aim to finish it by Christmas or the New Year and then post one part a day for a week. The style would be more novel-like than my usual, and (for reasons that will hopefully become clear) it'd also incorporate a hefty chunk of epic poetry. I've always thought it'd be fun if Octavian had a rival worthy of his immense talents, so that's what happens. In a way.

So, thoughts? It's not really an either/or, as I'll finish both eventually- but if I did go with option 2 then there won't be any new Fight and Be Right until the New Year. I'm not saying I'll neccesarily abide by the vote but it'd be good to know if anyone has an opinion either way.

Last edited:

maverick

Banned
I'll have to go with the Caesariad, especially since we dont' see too many Romans stories around...and I can't stop wondering about who'll be facing Octavius...

I'd really like to see FaBR continued first, but I'm way to curious to led the Roman story go...

Thande

Donor
More Churchill please, while your new TL also sounds interesting I'd prefer you to stick to a single thread (says the man who has about 20 ongoing projects :rolleyes: )

More Churchill please, while your new TL also sounds interesting I'd prefer you to stick to a single thread (says the man who has about 20 ongoing projects :rolleyes: )

Seconded (or ninthed, actually, according to what I marked on the poll options.) While there's lots of good ideas out there, it's usually best to stick to a single project until done, I think. Mind you, this is coming from someone who despite trying to focus on one project at a time, has never actually finished any AH project, so make of that what you will.

As interesting as The Caesariad would be, especially since I have currently been interested in that time period, I would like more alt-Churchill.:p

Thanks for the advice everyone. Going by the comments in the threead and the votes cast, I think I'll concentrate on Fight and Be Right for the time being. Then, if I do a bit of work on the other thing from time to time I'll be able to release that finished sometime in the future...