Soooooo, Hammond?
If he just played his IT a bit more he wouldn't have had multiple casualties on his hands
Movie!Hammond I wouldn’t say is EVIL evil, more a case of poor judgement. It’s also implied in the movie he does actually pay IT well, but Nedry is greedy/has personal financial problems.

Of course Novel!Hammond is just a straight up bastard who is just a bit too sane for WMIT.

Movie!Hammond I wouldn’t say is EVIL evil, more a case of poor judgement. It’s also implied in the movie he does actually pay IT well, but Nedry is greedy/has personal financial problems.

Of course Novel!Hammond is just a straight up bastard who is just a bit too sane for WMIT.
the movie and novel are kinda gelled together in my head

Jack Horner’s gonzo plan to reverse engineer a chicken back into a maniraptoran dinosaur would fit right into the Madnessverse.
“BEHOLD! THE RETURN OF CUSTER’S LIZARD! THE PINNACLE OF MAN’S GENIUS!”
311BC036-F15A-4491-A5A2-716A81F3D9B5.jpeg

I have some questions, comments, and suggestions about the condition of TTL's European Jewish communities.

First, we can assume that because that guy is leading the Holy Roman Empire that Central European Jews have been experiencing unbearable persecution for some years now, so my first question is, how awful is it? My guess would be that conditions are roughly comparable to if Imperial Russia also had the Nuremberg Laws (i.e. prohibition on Jewish-gentile marriage, removal of civil rights from the Jewish community, confinement to legally-defined ghettos, pogroms driven by populistic Christian piety especially around high holy days and with the tacit endorsement of state authorities, etc.). Moreover, I suspect that, much like under the Nuremberg Laws and in the medieval Holy Roman Empire, Jews in the empire would be forced to wear yellow badges and restricted to select economic activities. To what extent, however, have medieval forms of anti-Semitic persecution returned? Are the Flagellants back? Have there been modern Leper Scares and pogroms organized during outbreaks of contagious diseases? Have the Imperial courts held show trials on charges of deicide? And, since the Illuminist Powers are invading the Empire, might the leaders of the Holy Roman Empire hold a Wannsee Conference and plan to murder the entire Jewish community since the writing is on the Fuhrerbunker wall?

On the subject of Jewish rebel groups in the Holy Roman Empire, we know that there is a Zionist movement. I could also see there being a specifically Jewish labor movement like the Bund (perhaps even called the Bund), which could overlap to some extent with the Beutelist underground. This would mean that the Jewish resistance movement would be divisible along class and religious lines-- rabbis who secretly meet with Zealots and Sicarii (who could function like the SR Combat Organization) to encourage them to shoot and blow up imperial ministers and secret police informants; clerks and shopkeepers who pass some of their earnings to Zionist groups and give the People's Front of Judea information at the risk of reprisals by the Popular Front of Judea; servants in German houses who have ways of finding out where the troop columns are going and where they might be ambushed; sullen intellectuals who consider themselves ethnic, but not religious Jews and who listen to German-language Illuminist radio programs with the volume dial as low as possible; laborers who know that joining the Bund could get them killed but organize anyway to demand civil and workers' rights; and Beutelists who infiltrate the Bund and Bundist adjacent circles, organize secret cells and publish anarchist periodicals, and use the symbol of an alef in a bet (for anarchy and Beutel).

In the French Empire, what is the overall condition of the Jewish people? Karras says that France merely tolerates Jews. Are Napoleon I's assimilationist policies still in law? Are there still Napoleonic Consistories? To what extent is anti-Semitism a force in French society, politics, and culture? Maybe the Jewish Resistance (and Karras' cadres) could have a French Connection, where American contraband passes through Marseilles, Toulon, and Corsica and rebel assets in those areas organize funding channels for their patron groups, ship weapons and ammunition to Zionist, Bundist, and Anarchist cells, and publish propaganda to encourage the Jewish communities to resist persecution to build a new Zion and a new Temple/emancipate the Jewish workers and achieve cultural nationhood within Europe/unmake the state.

Lastly, is there much of a Yishuv yet in the Levant? If so, what is its overall sociopolitical organization? Does it have kibbutzim?

Last edited:
I'm coming back soon guys! I have been doing my new job in 110 degree weather outside (other than that, pretty fun job, tbh) and dealing with the neverending slew of legal crap coming from my wrongful termination at my last job. One of those things where I don't want money or to sue but they know I absolutely can and they are trying to feel me out. I always feel bad when I go on my sojourns, but I ALWAYS return, so new stuff shortly! Weather is cooling down and hopefully I won't be so mentally dried and fried. Love you guys!

I'm coming back soon guys! I have been doing my new job in 110 degree weather outside (other than that, pretty fun job, tbh) and dealing with the neverending slew of legal crap coming from my wrongful termination at my last job. One of those things where I don't want money or to sue but they know I absolutely can and they are trying to feel me out. I always feel bad when I go on my sojourns, but I ALWAYS return, so new stuff shortly! Weather is cooling down and hopefully I won't be so mentally dried and fried. Love you guys!
Hey man, real life is known to be very inconsiderate when it comes to sucking up the time one usually dedicates to their hobbies.
Glad you're alive and doing well; we'll still be here when you are.