What if the new Fantastic four movie is set in early 60s?

What if in search for an new idea for the new Fantastic Four movie the producers decide to realize a reboot in "mad men" style,
and set the movie in 1962 in tribute at the original comics of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby?

omniff01varb.jpg

Um... Well, what if it is?

I assume you mean with contemporary adversaries... I'm not that knowledgeable about the Fantastic Four, so I don't know who those might be (other than the 'giant robot man' version of Galactus, and Doctor Doom).

Um... Well, what if it is?

I assume you mean with contemporary adversaries... I'm not that knowledgeable about the Fantastic Four, so I don't know who those might be (other than the 'giant robot man' version of Galactus, and Doctor Doom).
Well Doctor Doom first apparence is July 1962,
but why not the first villain: the mole man (starring: Dustin Hoffman).

I actually really like this idea.

There's no need to reboot it back beyond Doctor Doom, or to eliminate concepts which weren't 'there' in 1962. Because, honestly: if you have a choice between the Mole Man and Doctor Doom as your villain, you've got to go with the Doc. Sadly, Hans Moleman has more or less put paid to any serious cinematic depiction of the Mole Man.

But I do like the idea of a retro 1960s spacerace type idea, with retro technology (a spaceship that looks like a rocket should, damn it, with fins and chrome and all), 60s hairstyles and a tongue-in-cheek look at the whole era. Problem is, though, I can't see America liking the idea nearly as much as I do.