What if Mark Latham and Labor won in 2004? Here's my opinion on the subject.

2004.​

2004 mark latham won.png

The 2004 Election resulted in Labor Gaining 11 seats with a very slim majority and the Liberal/National Losing 11 seats resulting in a loss.

2007 mark latham.png

Soon after the 2004 election the newly elected 43 year old Mark Latham stepped down temporally due to pancreatitis and handed over the top job to his deputy Jenny Macklin while he recovered. When he returned to the leadership his government increased funding for Medicare, social services and Hospitals, this was seen favourably by the voter base witch resulted in Labor being ahead in the polls by a moderate amount right up until the 2007 election. The leader of the Opposition was Peter Costello who was the treasure in the Howard government. He campaigned on the Howards government good record in terms of the economy, However this was not enough to pull ahead in the polls which resulted in his party losing 2 seats and labor gaining two seats.

Do you think Mark Latham could of won the 2004 election? do you think my what if thread is terrible? let me know down below, i will add the 2010 2013 etc elections to this page at a later date.

It hurts to say this, but I would rather have Howard than Latham. At least Howard is/was in touch with reality.

It hurts to say this, but I would rather have Howard than Latham. At least Howard is/was in touch with reality.
Glancing at his wiki page was the guy always cooked or did something happen, how does someone become a labour party leader only to go full crackpot populist later? What was the state of the Australian Labour Party at the time?