Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Or the smallpox scourge

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • L

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20th February 1569- Hatfield house
A woman sat up in a Richly embroidered bed. She had right copper ringlets and piercing black eyes which seemed to stare disapprovingly even when the face below was smiling. She was holding a tiny baby wrapped in white and gold swaddle. The baby yawned and kicked at her mother not knowing how if she was anyone else it would be treason. The baby’s hair was an aurburn fuzz and her eyes were coal black like her mothers. Then the baby started to wail and screech.
Her name shall be Kitty, short for Katherine as she is mewling like a kitten

Some rumours circulated that Catherine Carey was picked so she had as much of the Boleyn blood in her as possible. Margaret worth was a nurse and wet nurse for the baby. Margaret had a lively sprit and soul so when people waved and cheered at the baby in the carriage Kitty managed to wave back.
How strange.
23rd of march 1569 - hatfield
Elizabeth set off to Hampton court, leaving her child behind with Margret worth and an army of servants. Bother mother and child were well and although the courtiers would have preferred a son, they were positive she would have one.

A new baby
11th April 1569
The queen became pregnant again. Her husband Eric was delighted ( almost too delighted) and went around boasting it would be a boy.
“He seems so certain!” Said Margaret. “ I think he thinks if he says it enough it will come true” said Elizabeth Walton. “ We shall hope, as the future of England depends on this child”
And they were right.
16th august 1569 - The Queens head - London
“ To the queen the princess Katherine and her unborn child!” “ Cheers” The gruff men shouted with glee and slurped their ale. The landlady stomped over. “Pigs!” She shouted playfully pointing at the tallest drunkest man with ale dripping in his beard.

Midnight 24th December 1569 - Hatfield

It was another girl
“ her name shall be Rose
The Queen struggled for breath as she said the words. It was clear she was fading.
Meanwhile in another room her daughter Kitty was playing on her own. Her hair was growing and darkening fast so it was now a very dark reddish brown. Her eyes still matched her mothers and the girl was just learning to walk. She held onto the bed and shuffled along. Anyone who looked at her said she was almost her grandmother in miniature. Then the girl held on to the elaborate writing desk she would use for at least three more years and used it to walk. Finally she sidestepped leaning on the banister and pushed through an open door. She fell over but comes up still unnoticed. Then she wanders to the bed and sees her mother asleep. Katherine opens her eyes with her hands and babbles.
“ I will pray for you.”
Kitty babbled and swatted and then a maid picked her up and put kitty back in her room

The queen is dead 1570
6th January
Kitty was now the queen. She stayed in the Tower of London with her younger sister until they decided what they are going to do with her. The Queen wandered on the Tower green with her two companions Mary Howard and Catherine winter and crawled around. It would have been a ball today for epiphany but the country was in mourning. The girls sat motionless under a tree in a matching blue velvet cloak holding each others pudgy hands

20th February 1570 - Hampton court palace
they all gathered round for the Queens birthday.
It was around the time when the betrothal offers started to flood in. One was from the king of Scots, the 3 year old monarch whose mother was overthrown and still in England.
The queens companions gave her a sapphire ring and she gave Mary a ruby and Catherine a pearl. The girls were already inseprable.
To the courts happiness they were painting a picture of kitty. She was to wear her pink and gold velvet. However when she started the sittings, Mary Howard cried and hit the painter making him splatter paint all over the canvas. Mary then smiled and laughed loudly in the painters face as she sat down next to kitty, who cooed happily.
There was nothing that the maids could do but laugh when the painter quit.

Glasgow
“ I don’t want to meet that girl!” James shouted angrily. “ She won’t talk or do nothing!” “She’s your future wife” “Well I want another!”
James was a temperamental boy of four years old who threw frequent tantrums and fights.
“ Go eet usbund” said Catherine. “ Ee be ansom?” Asked Mary. “Verry bugg lik giont” said kitty. They were interrupted by Margaret worth pulling them out and into another carriage. It was awkward when kitty was sat next to James. “Ive been expecting you” James peered at his future bride.
She had dark aurburn hair and black eyes. She was pale and was petite. “ Well she might be alright” James thought

A meeting in the tower
Tower of London- 21st December 1572
Rose was nearly two now and not a staple of the country. Her elder sister coped with the politics and drama of the court and she was left with sewing and playing with lady Elsa.
Lady Elsa was her doll. She had fire red hair and blue glass eyes with a matching blue gown. Lady Elsa was very lonely she thought. Or Maybye she wanted a new gown. She would ask her nurse later. Rose took after her mother to the core. She had brown eyes and goldish red hair. She was also
a beauty. The young girl waited for her sister hopefully and sure enough she came.
“Rose!!!!” She squealed.
Kitty was holding her doll with black hair and black eyes but she was dropped as kitty ran to embrace her younger sister.
“Lets explore!”

Last edited:
10 pm. 23rd dec 1572 The tower
Rose clutched kitty’s Hand like her life depended on it as they tiptoed down the narrow staircase and sprinted across the cold stone floor. “My feet are freezing” kitty thought but she still crept along . Kitty and rose were wearing their white petticoats and violet cloaks but stayed barefoot in fear of being caught. Mary Howard was watching her and ran till she was behind rose. They she tapped her shoulder. “Arrrghhh!!!” Whisper-shouted rose.
The three of them strolled around the green and Mary had to carry rose frequently when she fell asleep. “When’s it your turn to carry Rose?” Sighed Mary. “Never”
Then they saw a light. Kitty ran forward while Mary, usually faster was lumbered with rose.
They saw a woman dressed all in black and gold with some old clothing.
“Hello Katherine”
“How’d you know my name?”
“I know you”
Then kitty began running back to the bloody tower. She didn’t know she was speaking to her grandmother.

Officially betrothed
4th march 1572
Finally it became official. Kitty and James of Scotland exchanged promises to wed in a crumbling church in York. Kitty wore a red velvet dress and a hairnet with rubies in. She bellowed her promises and was beaming on the way back. By now James has started to feel a brotherly affection for this girl but he was still reluctant that she could be his wife. She was barely four.
Kitty was starting to have a crush on her betrothed. She knew it was arranged but wasn’t it meant to be then? Written in the stars? Their children would be the finest royalty in all of Europe and finally end the wars. There were multiple reasons too. Good politics, not to mention looks.

“Oooooo you’re in love!” Said Mary who was two years older than kitty and so “a lot more experienced”
“That’s nice Kitty” said Catherine.
“ It’s destiny!” Said Kitty with a love struck look on her face and then when she saw Mary’s face she said immediately “I’m joking”
The three burst into a peal of laughter.

4th march 1572
Finally it became official. Kitty and James of Scotland exchanged promises to wed in a crumbling church in York. Kitty wore a red velvet dress and a hairnet with rubies in. She bellowed her promises and was beaming on the way back. By now James has started to feel a brotherly affection for this girl but he was still reluctant that she could be his wife. She was barely four.
Kitty was starting to have a crush on her betrothed. She knew it was arranged but wasn’t it meant to be then? Written in the stars? Their children would be the finest royalty in all of Europe and finally end the wars. There were multiple reasons too. Good politics, not to mention looks.

“Oooooo you’re in love!” Said Mary who was two years older than kitty and so “a lot more experienced”
“That’s nice Kitty” said Catherine.
“ It’s destiny!” Said Kitty with a love struck look on her face and then when she saw Mary’s face she said immediately “I’m joking”
The three burst into a peal of laughter.
I hope you liked this. I intended to make Mary the fiery boasting friend, Kate the quiet one and kitty the normal girl. I tried to show some of their personalities. Please tell me what you think.

Rebels
Kitty, Rose and their maids and companions were taken to the tower at lightning speed. A Catholic rebellion had started!
Some men in the queens head tavern started an uprising, thinking their child queen would succumb. But she did the opposite of that. She stood on the walls of her tower in view of any rebel with a bow and arrow and made a speech.
“ Do not fear, good people as we will triumph”

I like this timeline and I'm looking forward to reading it. It's original idea with Queen Elizabeth marrying Eric XIV of Sweden and having two daughters by him. I assume Kitty became Katherine I, when she became Queen of England.

I'm interested in what happens to Mary, Queen of Scots. How did she react to her cousin's Elizabeth's death? She and Kitty were related. What did she think of her son, James VI, King of Scots being betrothed to Kitty? The two children were related. In OTL Mary was imprisoned in Tutbury Castle in Staffordshire from early February 1569, then in Sheffield Castle from October 1571. Was she still imprisoned in those castles? Were there people who wanted to rescue her?

I assume that the Catholic rebellion was instead of the Northern Uprising of October 1569 to February 1570.

I like how you show some of the personalities of Kitty, Kate, and Mary,

I like this timeline and I'm looking forward to reading it. It's original idea with Queen Elizabeth marrying Eric XIV of Sweden and having two daughters by him. I assume Kitty became Katherine I, when she became Queen of England.

I'm interested in what happens to Mary, Queen of Scots. How did she react to her cousin's Elizabeth's death? She and Kitty were related. What did she think of her son, James VI, King of Scots being betrothed to Kitty? The two children were related. In OTL Mary was imprisoned in Tutbury Castle in Staffordshire from early February 1569, then in Sheffield Castle from October 1571. Was she still imprisoned in those castles? Were there people who wanted to rescue her?

I assume that the Catholic rebellion was instead of the Northern Uprising of October 1569 to February 1570.

I like how you show some of the personalities of Kitty, Kate, and Mary,
Thanks 😊 you gave me an idea

The unicorn rears
Pipisme gave me this idea. Credits to her.
Tutbury castle- mayday 1572
“The rebellion did not go too well.” The exiled queen of Scot’s said to her servant, Elizabeth McKinnon.
Youre right!” “She made such a rousing speech that almost all of the enemies troops deserted him and joined that puny girl”
“And even worse they’re raising my son as a heretic!”

“My only son! He’s betrothed to that puny little girl too.”
“Your niece isn’t she?”
“She may be but I’m annoyed at her. When I heard my cousin died I thought I was free as soon as it began but it wasn’t. Her chief advisors kept it as my cousins reign. Then when she’s old enough she’s on their side.”
“My James my son! would never love her.”
“ Why!” Asked his friend.
“ After that speech I was stunned by her bravery.”
“ She was stopping the people who wanted you or your mother on the throne.”
“ I shall be on the throne soon enough for it is only seven more years till we wed.”

The dreaded pox
It’s the online wheel pickers fault not mine okay
eighth of October 1572- Hatfield
A pox swept through all of Hertfordshire and Hatfield was included. The Queen and her companions all caught it but the princess rose was immune. Soon some terrible news came. It was all over Europe. It even got to papa in Sweden.
And papa was dead.
Kitty and Mary were sewing when the news came.
“Your graces father is dead. You are now queen of Sweden.”
Kitty weeped into Mary’s arms and rubbed her nose on her sleeve though Mary looked quite disgusted.
She put a dress of black velvet on and refused to come out of it even for the ball.
She did a second speech to announce that England and Sweden are at one now and have come together.
She also talked about death, which was explained to her a couple of hours ago and ended on a happy note. Now she is queen of Sweden amd england

Earlier than expected
The death of kitty’s father brought a sense of how time was flying by. Children had quick mortality. So when kitty was informed that her wedding would be at the new year she jumped with glee but then realised the reason and remembered to but on the black velvet.