what if Cleopatra hadn't snubbed 10 years old Octavius and his biological mother when Julius Caesar first introduce Cleopatra to them?

Going back to a previous discussion about https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/wi-cleopatra-allied-differently.491386/ and those stating that Octavian wouldn't consider genuinely allying with Cleopatra in the first place. If I remember correctly according to Genevieve Foster in her history book

Augustus Caesar's World https://www.amazon.com/Augustus-Cae...ocphy=9017329&hvtargid=pla-570748017513&psc=1

there was in fact more complicated reasons in why the relationship between Cleopatra and Octavius didn't work out the basis being Cleopatra while being pregnant with Caesaron actually snubbed 10 years old Octavius and his mother when Julius Caesar first introduced Cleopatra to Octavius and his mother. And that set the basis between the antagonist rivalry between Octavius his mother ultimately Rom, and Cleopatra and Egypt. So the true question to go with what if Cleopatra genuinely allied/befriended differently. Should be considered as what if Cleopatra hadn't snubbed 10 years old Octavius and his biological mother.​

Going back to a previous discussion about https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/wi-cleopatra-allied-differently.491386/ and those stating that Octavian wouldn't consider genuinely allying with Cleopatra in the first place. If I remember correctly according to Genevieve Foster in her history book

Augustus Caesar's World https://www.amazon.com/Augustus-Cae...ocphy=9017329&hvtargid=pla-570748017513&psc=1

there was in fact more complicated reasons in why the relationship between Cleopatra and Octavius didn't work out the basis being Cleopatra while being pregnant with Caesaron actually snubbed 10 years old Octavius and his mother when Julius Caesar first introduced Cleopatra to Octavius and his mother. And that set the basis between the antagonist rivalry between Octavius his mother ultimately Rom, and Cleopatra and Egypt. So the true question to go with what if Cleopatra genuinely allied/befriended differently. Should be considered as what if Cleopatra hadn't snubbed 10 years old Octavius and his biological mother.​

I tend to think this was a post-facto "justification". The reason being that someone has their dates wrong: Octavius was 10yo in 53BC, Caesarion wasn't born until 47BC (six years later). Now...it stands to reason that a pregnant Cleo being rude to a 16yo boy is probably far more because she sees him as a rival to her unborn child (whose legitimacy Octavian always questioned). But I defer to those far more knowledgeable about Roman history

On the other hand, having Cleopatra and Octavian form some sort of friendship around this time (and nothing beyond that) would be pretty interesting in itself. Same age, similarly shrew, I don't see a particular reason why the two should hate each other. I don't think anyone ever seriously entertained the idea of Caesarion inheriting anything outside Egypt, while Octavian was far from knowing he was to be Caesar's heir at this point. How would the next round of civil war play out? Assuming Octavian still wins, does he keep Ptolemaic Egypt (first ruled by a friend, later by his "brother") around, as a personally ally of his? Assuming the republic doesn't turn into the empire, having a foreign kingdom personally loyal to you (rather than Rome) could be quite a nice bonus.

besides the heir presumptive and the mother of the heir apparent? this is essentially dad coming home with the new stepmom and stepmom's pregnant
Only Gaius Octavius was far from being anyone in Rome and was absolutely NOT Caesar’s presumed heir. He was just a grandson of one of Caesar’s sisters from a decent but pretty obscure family…

On the other hand, having Cleopatra and Octavian form some sort of friendship around this time (and nothing beyond that) would be pretty interesting in itself. Same age, similarly shrew, I don't see a particular reason why the two should hate each other.
You just described why I got the two together :p
Only Gaius Octavius was far from being anyone in Rome and was absolutely NOT Caesar’s presumed heir. He was just a grandson of one of Caesar’s sisters from a decent but pretty obscure family…
True
this is essentially dad coming home with the new stepmom and stepmom's pregnant
And pretty much

besides the heir presumptive and the mother of the heir apparent? this is essentially dad coming home with the new stepmom and stepmom's pregnant
Pretty much what Isabella said: Octavian was not Caesar's heir until the moment he realized he was (by reading Caesar's will). Not sure when Caesar made this decision, but by the time Octavian met Cleopatra they probably did not have any reason to see each other as a direct threat. Plus I am sure Caesarion was only meant to be Caesar's heir in Egypt alone. Caesar would have realized that, and Cleopatra was smart enough (and knowledgeable enough about the working of the Roman political world since she spent some time there and in close contact with lots of roman officers/politicians) to know that as well.
You just described why I got the two together :p
Lots of interesting implication from there: two branches of the Julian dynasty? A surviving independent Ptolemaic kingdom? A different conclusion to the last round of civil wars? Mark Anthony not going full Hellenistic monarch mode?

Lots of interesting implication from there: two branches of the Julian dynasty? A surviving independent Ptolemaic kingdom? A different conclusion to the last round of civil wars? Mark Anthony not going full Hellenistic monarch mode?
All great possibilities

I went with Octavian marrying Cleo forming one Julian Dynasty(No Caesarion) and Antony trying to act as Octavian's regent in Caesar's name till he got his ass kicked in the Parthian Campaign allowing the couple to reassert control and exile him

The Ptolemaic Kingdom remained independent de facto with Cleo playing the role of hellenistic pharaoh while de jure it remained part of the Roman Empire with Octavian playing the role of roman imperator