What if Canada took over the Northern United States?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How?
2. Why?
3. The US is just not gonna give them up to Canada, we do not smoke weed and drink lead paint as a country. It might appear that way at times, but trust me we aren't that bad.

1. How?
2. Why?
3. The US is just not gonna give them up to Canada, we do not smoke weed and drink lead paint as a country. It might appear that way at times, but trust me we aren't that bad.
1. IDK
2. The seven states, in my alternate history, were known for constantly watching Smallville, so Canada took 7 States from the United States.

Sorry, but it is simply ASB Canada taking any parts of USA after ACW. Probably you need go back to War of 1812. Post-1900 Canada had not any intrest take any places from USA and it has not ecen capacity to do that. And why it would give some such ridicolous names to new provinces? This looks bit troll thread.

POD: In the 1950s, the US engages in a national nuclear war preparedness test, and the entire population goes into underground fallout shelters. While this is going on, some Canadians armed with longbows wander across the border and take charge.

Soounds like someone's been enjoying a few too many buttertarts and Montreal steamies of the all-dressed or Michigan style variety.

Devvy

Donor
What if Canada took 7 States out of the United States and named them with Canadian-themed names, like Maplia and Kraftdinneria?

To be a bit kinder to you; there are few realistic choices which would result in Canada annexing US states as Canadian provinces - at least not with a post-1900 PoD. The size, population, military strength of the US in comparison to Canada makes your suggestion far from realistic, so far it’s difficult to see how it could feasibly happen.

This sub forum of Alternate History post-1900 is for reasonably realistic “could haves”, hence the unfortunate response to your thread; for things this unlikely I’d suggest you discuss it in the Alien Space Bats sub forum.

If they're to take 7 - Washington, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Maine.

Have fake Y2K go differently and be an actual problem in the US but not Canada. The seven states closest to the border feel ignored and left behind as the rest of the country comes back online, and ultimately people make their choices.

Surely you can't be serious.

The US retakes them.
The new US states may make up nearly 50%, and maybe even more, of the combined population, they may just be able to vote for the whole conglomeration to request admission as states. Just for instance:
If they're to take 7 - Washington, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Maine.
That's about 32.7 million people, which would make about 45% of the combined population of the stolen states and original Canada.

That smallest states on the border from what I see on Wikipedia are Vermont (647k), Alaska (733k), North Dakota (779k), Montana (1,123k), Maine (1,385k), and New Hampshire (1,395k). For a seventh, you have to try Idaho (1,939k), or use the existing states above and punch down lower to Wyoming (581k) or South Dakota (909k). Even that's attempting to find a reason you're able to incorporate 6.6 million Americans into a country with a starting population of 38 million, taken from a country with a population beforehand of 330 million. Would you care to propose why you think this would work or which states you'd propose taking, @JBAltHistoryFan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.