What if "CalBear" Never Existed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CalBear and his timeline are one of my inspirations to start writing in this website, I greatly respect his work and I admire the fact he is dedicated enough to keep working in this place despite people like OP being so insulting.

I hope this post gets locked and the consequences are dealt with, but if Cal is going to read this, I hope you know that this user does not represent the vast majority of this website. We thank you for your continued work, diligence and patience in dealing with unfair scrutiny from trolls like OP.

Most of you probably have met with the annoying moderator called "CalBear", the writer of the "Anglo/American - Nazi War", because he probably locked your discussion with a bullshit excuse. But what if he never existed? How would it effect this site and the alternate history genre in general?

Firsly, alternate history genre would be bigger, becuase it would have a larger amount of enjoyers not demotivated by moderators like CalBear.

Secondly, you may think the "Anglo/American - Nazi War" timeline would never existed, but you would be wrong, because any of the not demotivated members could've write another "Mass death in an after WW2 war where the Nazis were victorious" scenario.

And thirdly, I wouldn't have write this because I wouldn't be annoyed.

The threads he locked or moved were absolutely deserving of it.

Y'know. eddonnell/gustavo, for someone who directly requested a ban and posted on Reddit you were finding a new hobby, the fact that you cane back here just to complain is pretty weak. You seriously seem like you need a break from the Internet.

I believe there is a saying that is relevant for this situation:

Don't feed the troll.

Just report it, ignore it and wait for the mods to lock the threat and it will simply disappear

I looked at this thread thinking it would be a good natured joke type topic…. And was going yo add “we would see more threads that are “Pro Alaska Class”. But this topic is apparently not meant as a joke topic.
That being said i expect this topic to get locked or deleted and someone to get kicked or more likely based as the point of this topic is very simply to directly insult a user (ignore that they are a moderator)
And NO user deserves to have a post that directly insults them and calls them out by name on the topic header.

That being said I want to take this time and say personally I think the mods and admins on this forum do a great job. I have done their job in the past on other forums and BBS’s and it is a lot of work with no particular up side. And as they say about judges “at least half the folks that come in front of them will leave unhappy”. But with mods this is worse as mods are basically judge jury and executioner all in one. So pretty much 100% of those that come to their attention will be unhappy.

As someone who joined this during the COVID days...I actually clicked on this since I do wonder how does the mods have contributed to this site, as a view point towards an in depth history of this website, and perhaps this post would be the first of a series of discussion on the contribution of each of the mods (whether on the development of some of the tropes, mods favourite TL etc...

But no.

Urgh....

May the wreath of the almighty fall on the OP, may his bones be shattered and spread among among the seven seas and his name be cursed in all the households of the nine continents and may even the City of Coventry denie him refuge!

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Most of you probably have met with the annoying moderator called "CalBear", the writer of the "Anglo/American - Nazi War", because he probably locked your discussion with a bullshit excuse. But what if he never existed? How would it effect this site and the alternate history genre in general?

Firsly, alternate history genre would be bigger, becuase it would have a larger amount of enjoyers not demotivated by moderators like CalBear.

Secondly, you may think the "Anglo/American - Nazi War" timeline would never existed, but you would be wrong, because any of the not demotivated members could've write another "Mass death in an after WW2 war where the Nazis were victorious" scenario.

And thirdly, I wouldn't have write this because I wouldn't be annoyed.
I would normally just laugh this off. However given that it is the second one of these in a week, I have to assume you did it specifically to get Banned.

Who am I to interfere in your cunning plan?

To Coventry with you.

Resentment and spite are the scourge of the individual person in this existence: taking poison daily to kill another and convincing others to do the same. Fighting ghosts that you created within you and hating the ghost while also making that ghost and feeding it to keep it alive. Crafting a monster that lingers.

You've give into a vain foolishness that you are better than.

Status
Not open for further replies.