What if Bush Assasinated

Got a thread on the chat topic too.

Bush...meh he's just a figurehead. What needs doing is tracing his strings back to the puppet masters.

A certain post has been deleted........

....too late not to have registered a hit at the Puzzle Palace I suspect..........

:cool:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
If that happened, I'd find the assassain and pin a medal on his chest.

That may be most ill-conceived post I have ever seen on this board. Not to mention being completely out of bounds.

Sorry about that, it indeed went out of bounds. I didn't think before I posted it and was way over the line.

If that happened, I'd find the assassain and pin a medal on his chest.

now look, i am not a big fan of Bush, but thats way beyond fair play. when i first saw it i was :eek: but afterwords i was like this :mad:. your new here, so am i, but don't blow your chances with that.

I'll buy the bullets

if Bush and his pals scrap the ballot box in Nov. 2008.
Fortunitly, they don't have the support to do that sort of thing. (I hope)
Hopefully, an economic or natural disaster will not give them an excuse; (*Smacks himself* Stop giving them ideas!)

In 2009, I'm going to the ballet to celibrate the election of a moderate candiate to the most powerful office in the world. (I'm very tough on Violent crime, a moderate supporter of the military, and very liberal with social issues)

(Ballet, Ballot, bullet= Man, English is tricky)

Man, people need to stop demonizing Bush. I don't like the man, but I remember in the 04 election, Lefties were talking like the world was going to end if he got reelected. Bush hasn't done any more actions of questional constitutionality than Lincoln or FDR and people need to stop talking as if he's an evil powerhungry Nazi who is about to declare himself president-for-life right before killing all liberals, gays, and muslims. It's no better than that crap the Bush campaign was pushing about how Kerry was a coward.

the is the first time ever that a SITTTING US President has been protrayed in an assination, and it's dispictible. NO ONE ever suggested killing Clinton. We didn't like the guy cuz he Perjured himself, cheated on his wife, was an inafective President, and a blowhard. All GWB did was win an election, and you guys (i mean liberals that haven't come out and said this is wrong) want to shoot him....disgusting.....

I'm a little surprised by the reactions this movie has been getting. While I think that it's a bit tasteless that this movie has been made, there is a few things to point out:

-This is alt-hist (or rather future alt-hist). I seriously doubt that this is a 'blueprint' on how to carry out an assassination.

-Some of us on this very board have contemplated 'what-if' scenarios about various past presidents getting assassinated--so why the outrage now?

-In the BBC's "House of Cards" Trilogy, they killed off both Queen Elizabeth and Margaret Thatcher, albeit off screen. These were award winning dramas as well, not comedies like South Park or Hot Shots.

-In the movie 'In the Line of Fire' Clint Eastwood had to stop a presidential assassin. Although it's never explicitly stated who the president is, a major part of the plot revolves around the fact that Eastwood was the agent in charge at the JFK assassination and that it's now '30 years later' (i.e. 1993) so it's heavily implied that the pres is Clinton.

-The movie revolves around how the War on Terror is affected by Bush being killed. Since you can't replace Bush with 'President Nameless Person' and have the same War on Terror scenario, they had to go with using Bush.

Lastly--the movie isn't even out yet. We have no idea if the movie is good or complete crap. It could be another ridiculous 'JFK' for all we know or it could be another 'Seven Days in May' - we just don't know at this point (although from what little I've heard about the movie--they seem to be leaning towards the conspiracy theory)

I'm with-holding judgement on this movie until I see the reviews and know more about it--until then all we can do is speculate.