What if America was made class mobile again?

PoD 1: Taxes in the 1950s are higher so that the average worker takes home 11% less income than IOTL, and let's say this extra budget is spent on paying debt, then in the 1960s, taxes go back to what they were in OTL, then in the mid 70s-1992, taxes are lowered and more money borrowing happens to the point where the debt-gdp would be the same in 1992 as it was in OTL.
PoD 2: there are 4 things I Here that are currently the biggest reason for america being less class mobile 1) 2 from the left which are the switch from Keynesianism to neo-liberalism & the cost of university courses going up at triple the inflation rate. 2) from the right is the war on poverty & lowering of tariffs that either accelerated or caused de-industrialization. I don't think either a republican or democrat president would do reverse all 4 of these factors, so in the 1992 election, Ross Perot wins the presidency, and changes the economic system from Neo-liberalism to something similar to Keynesianism but with the knowledge that inflation & unemployment can both go up. He also passes a law that all universities have to lower their fees by 11% and they can't rise their prices by more than half of the inflation rate (Ik this would eventually make owning a university unprofitable, but a president in the future could reverse this), doesn't lower tariffs like Bill Clinton and George W bush did (or if George HW bush did that then he Re-raises them) preventing all those mid-level jobs from going to China, Mexico etc. and ends the war on poverty. And 2 other things I personally think would do the trick.
  1. Reverse the bill Ronald Reagan signed where the employer had to cover the insurance of their employees)
  2. not build fences or whatever on the border with Mexico which made it harder for temporary legal workers to go home, instead just make the punishment for overstaying the VISA harsher.
  3. more regulations, laws & greater punishments are put in place to try and make tax evasion harder & discourage it. And to prevent all these billionaires from just moving to tax-havens like Gibraltar, cayman or monaco. Ross places huge sanctions on them, and tries to lead the rest of the ''free world'' with him (I think at the very least Germany & the Scandinavian countries would Join him).
  4. If lowering tariffs only slows down the rate at which those jobs leave the U.S. for Mexico & China, then Ross signs a law that either the federal or a state government will be a shareholder in the company that's moving it's factories, It seems like the lack of this was a big reason why many left, at least according to the info from 5:18 - 7:30 in this vid.

Not. sure how this wont ultimatly run into modern politics as all this is still an issue.
That being said. Nothing you list will help if we continue with two factors.
1) Allowing Companies to be viewed as people and thus allowed to donate to political candidates and other things that were traditionally limited by an individual not having resources like a mega corporation.
and most importantly..
2) Limit mergers. If you look at what company owns what you will find that we have a lot fewer companies then most folks believe and this make competition very limited.
This not only effects the cost over everything but it limits compensation and benefits As there are less companies competing over any given employee. So it is easier to limit pay and benefits thus we get highers costs and lower pay. This limits what can be done as when money is tite not as many have extra money to start a new business or otherwise invest. Which also limits the number off. companies and thus reinforces the problem. Also this decrease in money means it is harder to afford education which limits upward mobility of not just one generation but the next generation as well.
Yes some people can and do find ways but in general the fewer conpanies you have to buy from the more they can charge and thre fewer companies you have the fewer jobs you have to choose from so you will end up with lower pay. And smaller companies (more. mom. and pop places) will follow the example of the larger companies as far as prices and wages go. As they struggle to compete against huge conpanies.
This flows downhill as even wait staff will ultimately be effected as the customers limited money will limit the amount they can afford to pay for dinner out and how much they can afford to tip.

It is this construction of wages and increased costs from the ever shrinking number of independent companies that have been limiting things in the use for 40 years or more. It is just that at the start it was slower to take effect and people had more room in thete personal/family budgets to absorb this. But you can only cut so far before you have no more room to make cuts.
Meanwhile as upper management realized that they could get away with lower pay to employees they found they could in raise there. benefits and pay and still pass on higher profits to the stock holders, Many of which were other large investment firms.
And like an avalanche it started slow but has been picking up speed and mass.

You can make all the changes in the world but to be upwardly mobile you have to have extra/disposable income to invest/use to achieve this upward movement. And as long as you keep allowing merger after purchase after merger and getting fewer but larger companies then you will ultimately see a decrees in pay and an increase in cost and a reduction in mobility.
The whole insurance and regulations and all that is 99.999999999% irrelevant.
I had a boss who told me. that in 1984 he was made a manager and hired his first employee for the company (it position). In 1998 he hired his last person in pretty much the same position. and he paid him the same amount he paid the guy in 1984.
In 1976 my brother was a dock supervisor at UPS. He could afford to go to university part time, buy a sports car and buy his first house. in 1996 my friend was a dock supervisor at UPS on the same shift and at the same exact dock. He was in my brothers same exact job just 20 years latter. and he made $500 less a year then my brother had 20 years earlier. And my buddy could barely afford a new car (not anywhere near as nice as my brothers sports car) and to split an apartment.
My brother got his degree and a promotion. And ultimately changed jobs while he worked his way up to sit on the board of a decent size company and made a very good living. My buddy could never afford to go back to school or even buy a house.
You can try and find all the reasons in the world but without enough money to invest in youreself or your kids or a busness or whatever you can not have upwards mobility. I dont care how hard you work or how smart you are. If it takes 100% of you income to just survive. day to day you cant move up on your own. And historically most mobility comes from people bettering themselves or their children not from getting a promotion at the same company.
BTW dont be fooled. Yes most people will make more money at a job in there 50s then they did at that job in there 30# but that is because experienxce gets you and advancement. To know if you job is truly paying more today then it did 30 years ago you have to compare it a person with the same experience from 30 years before not with what you made when you first started in your profession 30 years. ealiera at the age of 20 something,

1) Allowing Companies to be viewed as people and thus allowed to donate to political candidates and other things that were traditionally limited by an individual not having resources like a mega corporation.
How do I change that?

Just walked outside and saw a peasant brush up against a Well-heeled tweed-wear-polo shirt bearing straight white male, who swiftly beheaded him with his ancient Anglo-Saxon WASP sword. Truly there is no class mobility in the United Klans of America as of present.

Excess class mobility is the reason things are so shit in the US, lol. People can just "earn" their way out of the problems with american society.+

Just walked outside and saw a peasant brush up against a Well-heeled tweed-wear-polo shirt bearing straight white male, who swiftly beheaded him with his ancient Anglo-Saxon WASP sword. Truly there is no class mobility in the United Klans of America as of present.
Some NBC level fake news here. I hope you're being sarcastic

First off, saying "Anglo-Saxon WASP sword" is utterly redundant. Secondly, there is in fact great wealth disparity in the United States, and a worrying percent of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. There's no need to be a jerk about something that is literally true.