What did close friends call Winston Churchill?

PKDkd33

Monthly Donor
I'm planning out an SI which is slightly different from normal and putting background information together to use in the story. Wanted to know if anyone has an idea what closr friends called Churchill - was it just Winston?
Another question - if a storyline is likely to be "enhanced" what do people think about having an SI but the original "soul" remaining in place and collaborating with the SI's character?

Ex-Detective-Inspector Thompson (a former bodyguard) wrote:
...To be continually followed about everywhere must become irritating at times, but the "Old Man", or "Father" as many of us affectionately called him, took it all in his stride and I became almost part of he family...
- 'Guarding Churchill', Churchill by his Contemporaries
I think the 'many of us' may be referring to Churchill's various police bodyguards over the years; I don't know if they'd have called him 'old man' or 'father' to his face though!

(In the same book, George Bernard Shaw writing about him concludes his own piece with a remark directly addressed to him: 'Was I not right, O Winston?' That may support the use of Winston suggested by a previous poster in this thread.)

Deleted member 94680

Winston, AFAIK. There are plenty of interesting details of Churchill’s private life and personal habits.

If you don’t have one scene of him briefing someone in his bedroom whilst in his dressing gown, I’ll be disappointed.

Didn't know that. Sort of like how Theodore Roosevelt fucking hated being called "Teddy" and General Mattis hated being called "Mad Dog".
Not quite the same, Churchill recognised the political value and was happy for the great British public to "win with Winnie " and to be "good old Winnie" but it was purely a stunt and he wasn't called by it in political circles.

Not quite the same, Churchill recognised the political value and was happy for the great British public to "win with Winnie " and to be "good old Winnie" but it was purely a stunt and he wasn't called by it in political circles.

Was the "Siren suit" thing something Churchill really did love (for whatever reason) or was that also political theater?