Was the Spanish Transition to Democracy Inevitable After Franco's Death?

I'm doing a study on the Spanish transition to democracy at university and it got me wondering, was it inevitable after Franco died?
When Franco died, the regime was facing major problems due to the changing social attitudes and economic hardship, but does this mean that Francoism was always going to die?
If it was destined to die, Why? Was it Juan Carlos, social attitudes or a lack of commitment by the Francoist ministers?

also if anyone has any useful links in English or Spanish, please share, I need more information really!!

gridlocked

Banned
Why given no major POD it is inevitable that Spain would be Democratic by well before 2011. Comparing to other countries I do not see why is it inevitable that something would happen in the 70s.

Chile, Argentina, and I believe Portugal were all Dictatorships at the time. The Cuban Revolution was popular, the United States was discredited because of Vietnam. Fear of a left-wing revolution was seriously believed. A dictatorship or junta could have existed possibly until the fall of the Berlin Wall.

bumpity bump

If anyone has any good resources on the transition, please link them! They would be really useful!