Wales, United and Free?

That might work, but what time period would be the best to have the plague occur when no outside group can easily conquer Wales?

EDIT: Wow, that was a confusing sentence. What I mean is, what's the best time period for the plague to occur? In a large portion of the independent (if divided) Wales's history, it was in danger of being taken over by whoever controlled England at the time. When is the best moment in history to have the plague strike Wales?
Post Mons Badonicus? Or is that too early.

Alternately, the time of Canute? The Welsh were his vassals so he might not see a need to conquer them. Alternately he might decide to strike while they are weak and bring them fully under his banner.

That might work, but what time period would be the best to have the plague occur when no outside group can easily conquer Wales?

EDIT: Wow, that was a confusing sentence. What I mean is, what's the best time period for the plague to occur? In a large portion of the independent (if divided) Wales's history, it was in danger of being taken over by whoever controlled England at the time. When is the best moment in history to have the plague strike Wales?

It's rather implausible to expect such a thing to confine itself to Wales, but the best time would probably be during the civil war in England between Stephen and Matilda. If the English are not too busy with their own affairs then, then they're never going to be.

Frankly, it's more probable to propose a series of princes who for one reason or another only have one son each (let them have as many daughters as they like) for several generations, so that by the time extra sons come along people have got used to the prince's inheritance being passed on undivided. Unlikely I know, but as probable as anything else I suppose.

Zioneer

Banned
It's rather implausible to expect such a thing to confine itself to Wales, but the best time would probably be during the civil war in England between Stephen and Matilda. If the English are not too busy with their own affairs then, then they're never going to be.

Frankly, it's more probable to propose a series of princes who for one reason or another only have one son each (let them have as many daughters as they like) for several generations, so that by the time extra sons come along people have got used to the prince's inheritance being passed on undivided. Unlikely I know, but as probable as anything else I suppose.

Alright, so then I can go back to my Gruffydd ap Llywelyn idea. He can die when he should, or survive for a little while longer, and then I can just have one of his two sons die, and the other live, and for some reason, being strong enough to hold Wales together until his death, upon which his son inherits.