VT45's Map Room

VT45

Banned
I have been making maps ever since I first joined this board over 10 years ago. And since I've been thinking of starting a Patreon to help support my mapmaking (and maybe start up some Let's Plays on YouTube if I can buy the stuff I need to record games), I figured now was a good time to start posting my maps in a dedicated thread here. I'll have to go through my files to find them all, but in the meantime here are some ones I've done recently.

ycc0QqN.png

Postcodes of Greater London

3QUrxva.png

Koppen Climate map

0Tx7bJm.png

Massachusetts and Rhode Island all-rail map (WIP)

CoViV0K.png

Politics swap. What if the US had the same kind of legislative system as the UK? (WIP)

yY50YiL.png

My Vision 2050 for the MBTA commuter rail system

P13hYsM.jpg

A redux'd version of my geological POD TL Avalonia Alone

97BTLw7.png

A hi-def map of Italy and the surrounding regions in 1631

No offense, @VT45, but your US-as-UK map doesn't make much sense. For one, I assume the green in New England is Plaid Cymru, right? If so, they should have seats primarily in the North, in states like Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, to reflect their constituency nature. And Labour here should have more seats in west Pennsylvania, to reflect coal mining seats.

VT45

Banned
Well it's not a perfect one-to-one matchup, since American voters and British voters aren't exactly the same. But it's close enough for government work, no pun intended.

If the MBTA is going to extend that far up into New Hampshire, I wish it would go further west in Massachusetts as well.

Also on the election map I think the *Lib Dems should have some seats in Maine (maybe in South Portland, since that's where "independents" are elected IOTL) and also in New Hampshire--Nashua or Manchester or the far north would be a good fit.

Great maps, though.

VT45

Banned
Thanks!

Upon conversation with a friend of mine, I've decided not to start a Patreon right now. But what I will do is open myself up for commissions. So if you like what you see here and want a map made by me, please PM me.

VT45

Banned
Here's a mask for the Greater London borders for the post code map.
RQPQ5in.png

And the mask applied to the most recent version of the map (still cleaning up the borders).
BI6kIWZ.png

VT45

Banned
Languages of Great Britain. Solid colour indicates the language in question is spoken by more than 75% of the population, and stripes show regions where a minority language is spoken by at least 25% of the population. Thicker stripes indicate the majority language in the region.
x9vhEYF.jpg

VT45

Banned
They're not. They're given the colours corresponding to the colours of Wales and Scotland in the UCS.