Vote on TL Ideas

I've had some TL Ideas bouncing arround for a while, so which one do you all perfer?

The 15th Point: German involment in the Congo Crisis of 1905 prompts Wilson to add decolonization as his 15th point in the treaty of Versallies.

The Commonwealth: Oliver Cromwell's coup lasts after he dies.

And the World Stopped Turning: The Sino-Soviet border confilicts of 1962 escalate into a full scale war.

A Touch: The Han and the Romans meet.

Last edited:
I've had some TL Ideas bouncing arround for a while, so which one do you all perfer?

Wilson's 15th Point: German involment in the Congo Crisis of 1905 prompts Wilson to add decolonization as his 15th point in the treaty of Versallies.

The Commonwealth

The 15th Point would seem interesting, but given how effective Wilson was in his first fourteen points. Though he'd manage to piss off everyone with the decolonization one. :p

And the World Stopped Turning seems an interesting idea too. A game of chicken to see who's finger on the button twitches first. Hehe.

The 15th Point: German involment in the Congo Crisis of 1905 prompts Wilson to add decolonization as his 15th point in the treaty of Versallies.

And the World Stopped Turning: The Sino-Soviet border confilicts of 1962 escalate into a full scale war.

Gen_Patton

Just to clarify, was there a Sino-Soviet clash in 1962? I know there was the Cuba crisis and in 1969 there were some very nasty clashes on the Manchurian border but not aware of any major earlier ones.

In terms of the options:
a) 15th point - Other than by isolating the US even more and probably meaning it walks out of the peace treaties if he insists it's going to have no real impact. I can't see the US giving up it's colonies at this point let alone anyone else.

b) Could be interesting if well done. I presume you mean a continued and reasonably stable republic for at least a generation or so after his death. Hopefully without it getting stuck in a 1-d theological dictatorship, which is pretty unlikely for any length of time.

c) That could be interesting but very grim. A Sino-Soviet big clash, even with only limited/no nukes would be nasty and the aftermath probably even nastier.:(

d) Anything more than brief trading and diplomatic impact is highly unlikely but a bit more than occurred OTL could have some interesting ramifications. [Unless you're assuming a much later meeting of a surviving Rome and Chinese dynasty with more advanced tech?]

Steve

The Commonwealth, it would be cool to see how long Cromwell's brain child lasted.