Vive l'Empereur v2!

QxqSK.jpg

By 1811, Napoleon Bonaparte, was thought by many to be a danger to the European continent. One of those nations was Russia. Having been requested to join the Continental Alliance, led by the French Empire, the Tsar is now willing to fight against Napoleon on European soil.

However, by June, Russian spies had returned to Petrograd, with information about the feared Grande Armée. With around 700 thousand men, the French army has now deployed the most troops to have ever been deployed on the European continent in history.

Tsar Alexander I, greatly shocked by the amount of troops his sworn enemy is rumored to be preparing for a march into Russia, discusses the situation with his military advisors. The advisors soon agree that it'd be best to keep the French off Russian soil peacefully.

"Tsar, we would have to mobilize our troops for a full victory. This would take too long and it would be very risky, sir. We could fight them and surrender to Moscow though, burning all possible food-wares on the way. But, sir, even if we would use the strategy, our 250 thousand men would likely make no chance. As i told you before, sir, we'd have to mobilize our troops for it. Sir, it's the largest force to have ever been assembled in European history!"

russland.jpg

Portrait of Alexander/Aleksandr I, painted by Vigée Le Brun.

After several attempts by the Tsar to find a solution to this problem, he discovers the only possible solution.

"Men, losing is betrayal! I don't want to betray my people, thus i have decided. Losing might be betrayal, but betrayal isn't loss! Thus we shall betray the Coalition, to please and save the Russian people!"

And so, in 1812, a letter is send by the Tsar to Napoleon. Since French was the second language of the Russian Empire, the letter is translated from French to English.

"Napoleon,

Me and my people have been suggested by you an alliance.

Unwilling to join this alliance of yours, we have thought of a solution.

If you give us semi-leadership in this alliance, we might just agree.

This alliance, The Franco-Russian Continental Imperial Alliance, will merely be for combined defence against threat outside our borders.

We definitely you hope you will come to agree with this friendly suggestion.

-Tsar Alexander I of all Russias."

As the letter arrives in Paris, Napoleon reads it, and bursts out laughing. "Who does he think he is? Leader of Europe? That title belongs to me, and i will not share with anyone, not even the respected Tsar of Russia!". Thus he sends a letter back to Petrograd.

"Alexander,

Disrespect to neither you nor your people is to be shown, but this is absurd.

If i'd want, i would just send the Grande Armée to squash your little army, and give all what is left of your empire to my glorious family-members.

But, as the kind and warmhearted gentleman that i am, i will give you some time.

I will give you two weeks before i invade your land.

Think about it my friend.

-Napoleon Bonaparte."

The Tsar reads the letter, and sighes. "So be it... I will join his alliance, but one day i will defeat him and show him what this glorious people is capable of!"

While yelling that out, he smashes his hand onto the table, shocking all whom are inside the room.

This is the start of a serie of events that will, again, greatly damage the continent, and later even the whole world...

Map of the world, by 1812, by Knight Templar.

1812:

Napoleon's plan of creating a Continental System to protect the European continent from the British threat and thus push them off the continent has succeeded. His sworn enemies Prussia; Austria; Spain; and once again Russia have now joined his side on this large-scale embargo against British trade interests.

Still, several nations have refused to join his side, Sweden and Portugal for example, and thus, Napoleon and Tsar Alexander have discussed invading these two nations. Between Russia and Sweden, a war had ended shortly, and thus it'd cost some reputation for Russia to declare war again with no particular reason. Thus, they both agree Portugal should be the first aim.

Napoleon meets with Frederick William II, and forces him to abdicate his throne. Of course, the king of Prussia disagrees with this demand. However, he then realizes that French troops are marching about and around Prussia, and will be able to capture major cities like Königsberg and Berlin within days. Thus Prussia is dissolved, and Napoleon grants large territories to Poland/Warsaw and the Confederation of the Rhine. The small remainder of Prussia is to be renamed 'The Second Duchy of Prussia', with the Duchess being Pauline Bonaparte, also Duchess of Guastalla.

Pauline_Bonaparte_princesse_Borghese.jpg

Pauline Bonaparte

Both Prime Minister Spencer Perceval and even King George III, of whom the latter was insane due to blood-disease, of the UK of Great Britain and Ireland are furious about the Russians joining the embargo against them. Although this embargo hurts Russia more than the UK, war is declared by the UK against Russia and France.

300px-Spencer_PercevalCE.jpg

Spencer Perceval, Prime Minister of the UK.

Spencer Perceval decides that due to the previous Napoleonic threat, the Russians must have their army located around Warsaw and Austria, if not further east. Thus, he decides it might be possible to invade the Baltic territory, the goal being to exhaust the Russian army (due to both relocation and fighting itself). He decides to call this operation 'Plan Proditor', after the Latin word for Betrayer.

jwJj1.png

Plan Proditor, picture used is an edited version of a map from the Zum.de Historical Atlas

The British send a force consisting of 60 thousand men to Stockholm under Arthur Wellesley, and from there on into present day Ventspils, Latvia. The Russians, which had over 200 thousand men ready for the defense against the Napoleonic invasion, send an army corps of 82 thousand men under Field Marshall Mikhail Illarionovich. The battle turns to be a Russian victory, although there are over 12 thousand atrocities in the Russian army, which is, after this battle immediately mobilized. The British, on the other side, had only 48 thousand survivors, of which 42 thousand were captured by the Russians, and the rest died on sea, trying to escape. The Duke of Wellington is also captured.

Plan Proditor has failed.

5ppho.png

British troops on the Baltic coast, advancing while the Russian army corps under Illarionovich is on it's way.

After this battle, the British immediately push for a Peace Treaty, which is signed in May of the same year, in Paris. According to this treaty, the Russians are to return the prisoners of war to Britain, including the Duke, for which the UK is to pay an unknown, but slight amount of money.

K6Sb0.png

The world mid-1812.

More is to come later this week (hopefully)!

Please, both negative and positive comments are welcome! :)

-Korporal Nooij.

Last edited:
Why did the British pick out Lativia for an attack? They must have known the Russian army would Zerg rush them on arrival. Forgive me if my geography knowlege is lacking, but I can't really think of any geographic features in Latvia that would give the British any kind of advantage either.

Why did the British pick out Lativia for an attack? They must have known the Russian army would Zerg rush them on arrival. Forgive me if my geography knowlege is lacking, but I can't really think of any geographic features in Latvia that would give the British any kind of advantage either.

Thanks for your reply! :)

I think, perhaps, the British knew the Russians had just prepared their troops for a Napoleonic invasion, and that it would take some time for the army to arrive in the Baltic states. And the advantage, would probably be exhausting the Russian army, and a front on continental Europe. Both of which pretty much failed to work, although the exhausting part did work a slight bit.

Maybe i didn't choose a perfect location indeed. However, i shall add the information in the post, and see what other readers think. Thanks! ;)

EDIT: Done! :)

Last edited: