Victoria II

I used the console and extended the end game Safire and the German american Cold War is in full swig aka germany controls most of euroupe after England France the soviets and Italy decided to fight facist Germany and it annexed them by force they have Africa under their grip although I think it's being to get drawn out because of the fact that my mock atomic four of canada austrilla the usa (me ) and Argentina surpisingly Germany has handed the revolts surpisingly well however I control the carribean japan is my puppet state but Germany is dangerously close to austrilla with it's Indonesian holdings Germany has went between communism facism absolute monarchy and a presidential dictatorship however china is slowy becoming my ally and the worlds 2nd largest economy

I used the console and extended the end game Safire and the German american Cold War is in full swig aka germany controls most of euroupe after England France the soviets and Italy decided to fight facist Germany and it annexed them by force they have Africa under their grip although I think it's being to get drawn out because of the fact that my mock atomic four of canada austrilla the usa (me ) and Argentina surpisingly Germany has handed the revolts surpisingly well however I control the carribean japan is my puppet state but Germany is dangerously close to austrilla with it's Indonesian holdings Germany has went between communism facism absolute monarchy and a presidential dictatorship however china is slowy becoming my ally and the worlds 2nd largest economy

... punctuation?

Grey Wolf

Donor
I worked out a strange way to have my dukes and eat them. England in my mod has several viceroyalties. If I mod these as puppets I can make THEIR primary cultures as ducal, so that any armies from those will be led by dukes, and any armies from the English main kingdom by Lord X, Sir X, or just plain X

Now, all I want to do is to see if I can make an army be at sea on transports from the start of the game. I can place the ships, and I can place the army, but does the army automatically get on board the transports or does it sink? I guess there MUST be code, as save games will have troops on transports...

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

I worked out a strange way to have my dukes and eat them. England in my mod has several viceroyalties. If I mod these as puppets I can make THEIR primary cultures as ducal, so that any armies from those will be led by dukes, and any armies from the English main kingdom by Lord X, Sir X, or just plain X

Now, all I want to do is to see if I can make an army be at sea on transports from the start of the game. I can place the ships, and I can place the army, but does the army automatically get on board the transports or does it sink? I guess there MUST be code, as save games will have troops on transports...

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Put on army on a ship, save the game, look for it in the code. There is code for embarked units, I believe, but it's been a while since I had a look.

Hey guys, a while back, I posted a couple of narrative chapters for a prospective story set in the Two Sicilies game I've tentatively started. I've edited the chapters, and added a couple of screenshots to the first few posts; in a new thread in the Writer's Forum. I'd be grateful for any feedback - there's a link in my sig. :)

I actually was completely unaware of that event until this exact moment.
No, to get rid of the USA I just went to every provinces file and removed the categories for owner and controller, this turns the affected region into uncolonized land.

Ah, I see.

For those who don't know, event 60120 annexes your country into the country whose sphere of influence you are in, but if it is not in an SOI or is a Great Power it just disappears.

Ryan

Donor
So if you do it as the country you're playing do you, for lack of a better word, die? or do you just watch the game without a country?

if you just use the event you'll get the end game screen as you've destroyed your country and therefore lost.

the way to use it is to;
-tag switch to the country you want to destroy
-enter the event without selecting the option
-tag switch to another country
-select the event option.

I also neglected to mention Mexico's gains from the American ISOT.
This claim is technically valid (by 19th century imperialism logic) due to Spanish Luisiana even though that hadn't been a thing for close to 50 years by this point.

Britain would claim all of Oregon Country… :p

Those who like pretty borders look away now. This is the USA in 1868 3 years after the Civil war has ended.

29fcrcl.jpg

What happened to cause them was Britain releasing Ruperts Land/Canada and them never settling them so I took them. Me demanding Sonora in the Mexican-American war and refusing to let Mexico have any land back. Then after that the 54-40 or fight option came up. Normally i'd have compromised and thus given Britain the land but I wanted to keep it as it had started to provide me with some industry. So I risked the war and Britain let me have it. As for what happened with the Kongo I needed some place to plan for colonizing Africa and they provided a spot where I could start right away and block off at least one power before heading into the interior.

Krall

Banned
Those who like pretty borders look away now. This is the USA in 1868 3 years after the Civil war has ended.

Wait a second, that's my Afghanistan! :D

I actually finished my first full game of Victoria II recently, as Afghanistan. I started off with the intention of ending the game as a Great Power, but I didn't have the expansions so civilising was based on Prestige and Military score, and I had no idea how Military score was actually calculated (apparently it's mostly soldier pop numbers and techs that increase Attack and Defence - military spending seems to have a significant effect too), so I took quite some time to actually become civilised, and my industry got a rather late start as a result. I ended the game as #18, failing to even become a Secondary Power because of my low Industry score. #17 was China, which remained uncivilised throughout the entire game because they couldn't muster up 40 Prestige. The fact that they kept attacking me and failing miserably didn't help - I did try and stop them from constantly declaring war on me at one point by getting them to release Xinjiang. That required me to take over that territory myself, and it turns out that China was willing and able to use its 2500+ brigades in plains provinces, resulting in a battle that involved literally my entire army and took over a year, eventually killing about 890,000 Chinese troops for 490,000 of mine (I technically lost, as China put a decent general with a Defence bonus in one of their armies at some point). I White Peaced out after that. :eek:

I think I'll try an Afghanistan game again at some point, but I have discovered that I apparently bought Victoria II with all expansions on Steam at some point, so I'll do it with all the expansions instead of Vanilla.