Victoria I or Victoria II?

Of the two Victoria games, which one would you recommend?

I've had Victoria I and its expansion pack lying around for a while, though I never played it. I am not bothered at all by the dated graphics. My favourite Paradox title is Europa Universalis 2 (For the Glory), after all. In other words, I am inquiring only about the gameplay.

Does Victoria II add to or detract from the original formula? Seeing as I already have the first one, would it be worth it to get the second one as well?

Both are good games.

Honestly I prefer the economic system of the first game over the second one but to me the second one is considerably more user friendly without it detracting from the game.

Definitely the 2nd.

Frankly old gen Paradox games are quite difficult to tolerate UI wise too. They were fine for their times, but the latest gen ones are simply better/faster/stronger.

The only exception may be the HOI series. HOI3 is debatable inferior in various ways, hopefully HOI4 will settle the matter for good.

Both are good games.

Honestly I prefer the economic system of the first game over the second one but to me the second one is considerably more user friendly without it detracting from the game.
Would you say the economic system of the first game was superior to or more involved than that of the second game, or do you just personally prefer how it was done in the first game?

Victoria II also look way better then the first game.
Indeed, but as I said in my original post, I am not really bothered by old school Paradox graphics.

Definitely the 2nd.

Frankly old gen Paradox games are quite difficult to tolerate UI wise too. They were fine for their times, but the latest gen ones are simply better/faster/stronger.
Perhaps, though I wouldn't say I have a hard time tolerating the UI of the older games myself. (Not that the newer games didn't improve on it)