Victoria; An Empire Under the Sun

Nice job, been trying to get all of the German states to join me, but nooooo, there has to be one state the refuses to-
Wait, what is that?

Italian Switzerland??
ITALIAN SWITZERLAND!?!?!?!?
:eek:

Italy almost always goes for Switzerland in my games. I have a habit of declaring war on them to enforce their right to neutrality.:eek:

Yeah well the Greater German Empire and Italy are very close, being "Austrian Gang-Bang Brothers". So, I'm number one in the world by over 1600 points overall (lol), and the US is 2, France is 3, Italy is 4, UK is 5 (this surprised me, there has been a very steady decline, idk why), Russia is 6, Spain is 7, and Japan is 8.

UK is 5 (this surprised me, there has been a very steady decline, idk why),
They lull you into a false sense of security.

I dunno why, but no matter what my score is, the Brits always seem to rebound around 1900 or so and reclaim their #1 spot.

They lull you into a false sense of security.

I dunno why, but no matter what my score is, the Brits always seem to rebound around 1900 or so and reclaim their #1 spot.
I just checked the tally's, the UK recovered number two, and I am 3028 overall points ahead of them.

I'm playing as the UK at the moment, I avoided war with China so far, and its the middle of the 40's. I've moved all my troops to Canada, and when one of the events fires that bring me to blows with the U.S. I'll be ready. My goal is to make them part of the British Empire once again. I've also started to colonize as much of the African coast as possible to Block all other countries from colonization. The only cheats used are small_arms, canned_food, and regular_clothes. I may have used another resource cheat, I dont remember. I'm trying to play without any but just these small ones.

I'm playing as the UK at the moment, I avoided war with China so far, and its the middle of the 40's. I've moved all my troops to Canada, and when one of the events fires that bring me to blows with the U.S. I'll be ready. My goal is to make them part of the British Empire once again. I've also started to colonize as much of the African coast as possible to Block all other countries from colonization. The only cheats used are small_arms, canned_food, and regular_clothes. I may have used another resource cheat, I dont remember. I'm trying to play without any but just these small ones.
Bad! Bad! Honestly, with the industry you have you shouldn't need them. I know I had enough regulate clothes, small arms, and canned food factories by 1850 to supply a steadily growing 40+ division army and 60+ division reserve...

Don't use cheats man. D:

I look forward to seeing us snobby ex-colonists annexed back into the greater British Empire.

Bad! Bad! Honestly, with the industry you have you shouldn't need them. I know I had enough regulate clothes, small arms, and canned food factories by 1850 to supply a steadily growing 40+ division army and 60+ division reserve...

Don't use cheats man. D:

I look forward to seeing us snobby ex-colonists annexed back into the greater British Empire.

I'm still learning and have yet to get the hang of factories. Therefore the cheats.

I enjot the German Empires borders and puppets there :D

P.S. Cheating doesn't teach the game, it just makes you dependent.

I finally learned how to run a decent economy in my current game as the U.S. no more cheats for me. (except for neville) I need that for the crimean war and other stupid A.I wars.

Last edited:
I'm still learning and have yet to get the hang of factories. Therefore the cheats.
If you want to learn how to run a smashing economy, play Sweden, and only fight Russia to grab Finland. Make Scandinavia, and on the way there, you will have tons of cash. Imo Sweden really is the best nation to teach how to stabilize the economy and industrialize.

Yeah. More German satellites to follow!

More specifically, for those that don't know, when Austria declared neutrality in the Crimean War her prime minister Prince Felix zu Schwarzenburg famously said "We shall astonish the world by the depth of our ingratitude" for the reasons Solomaxwell says.

Interesting. I knew Austria really owed Russia, but I had never heard of that quote before.

3972725292_ee52f35bb1_o.png

All of the Balkans are now squarely in Germany's orbit.

Also, can anyone tell me WHY my divisions randomly rebel on me? They are defecting like it's their job, and it isn't.

All of the Balkans are now squarely in Germany's orbit.

Also, can anyone tell me WHY my divisions randomly rebel on me? They are defecting like it's their job, and it isn't.

Did you make them with soldier pops from the newly created puppets? If so, they have a really high chance of defection/rebellion.

Neroon

Banned
Usually a case of crappy leaders. Check the "Reliability" of your generals. Divisions without one get -1 as default penalty, but that souldn't be a problem for state culture division.

I don't cheat to terribly much, usually only using Neville in situations where their's no logical reason I should'nt get what I want (IE I control half the provinces including the capital, yet it still refusing), though that's rare since when I do go to war, I normally just end up annexing them outright.

Apart from that usually just the more expensive resources, and that's usually right at the beginning.

Now, I also cheat to set up scenarios to, like if I want to play some scenario with an alternate development, like my current game I'm playing as Russia, which has now become the dominant nation on Earth.