Victoria: 1700 Mod

Fair enough... :)

Then there is no problem there...

There should probably be some kind of event that can break personal unions. (Unless there is one already?)
End_mastery command (specifing which TAG it's for) for the master, or end_dominion/satellite and neutrality commands (to break the alliance) for the weaker part would do it, and there are ways for the satellite/dominion to break it (get a Revolution, declare war on the master).

Thanks for all your contributions, and yeah I'm working on a more defined map right now which is a bit better, will post it soon.

Here's the map Chunkey made with some edits as a .png:

Victoria 1700.png

Actually, not too positive but it's on most of the 1700 (or 1675 to 1725 maps) that I can find... Help would be greatly appreciated if any knows.

this has gotten seven pages in ONE DAY??? :eek:

but I have Vicky (Rick, actually) and have much experience modding for it. if there's anything I can help out with, just say.

Thande

Donor
P.P.S - something should be done about the Kingdom of Kandy in Sri Lanka...
I just looked up Sri Lankan history because of Tynnin's TL, and apparently Kandy was disunited in 1700, having fractured into 3 weak states, so we might as well just count the whole island as Dutch (Kandy didn't become a power again until it reunified in the mid-eighteenth century).

1) AFAIK Russia's hold on the far east was not that complete yet, it was still largely uncontrolled.

2) around astrakhan, the Kalmyk Khanate should still exist (are you using VIP? if so, then Gelugpa, otherwise Mahayana)

kalmykia1700.gif

as in that map, maybe Russia gets astrakhan but the adjacent provinces go to Kalmykia.

also, have you considered waiting until OHgamer finishes with the Clio map and using that? it would be a good way to showcase your mod. however it won't be out for a while, so maybe that isn't such a good idea.

also, have you considered waiting until OHgamer finishes with the Clio map and using that? it would be a good way to showcase your mod. however it won't be out for a while, so maybe that isn't such a good idea.
I've looked at the Clio map, and I don't like it that much.

Here's the updated map with several additional Indian Confederations (Huron, Creek, Shawnee etc). Please note that Asia and Africa are still plagued by inaccuracies.

Map.png

Map.png

can you spare us the maps of North America they are not that interesting
for most of us, what is happening in Europa?

No, it is important that the map is as accurate as possible. Many people may enjoy playing as a nation in North America or Southeast Asia or some other region and may not agree with your assessment of its lack of interest. Europe, is, as always, a patchwork of feuding nations.

Why 1700? Wouldn't a 1754 scenario make more sense? First of all you get to fight the first war fought on a global scale. Secondly the 1750s saw the beginning of the industrial revolution, a critical component to the game.

EDIT: Is this going to be for the original Victoria, or Victoria Revolutions.

Thande

Donor
Why 1700? Wouldn't a 1754 scenario make more sense? First of all you get to fight the first war fought on a global scale. Secondly the 1750s saw the beginning of the industrial revolution, a critical component to the game.

The globalness of the Seven Years' War has somewhat been exaggerated or over-defined thanks to Churchill. The War of the Spanish Succession was pretty darn global as well, and just as interesting.