Victoria: 1700 Mod

That's scary :D. Fixed, happened by accident. Don't worry this will be run over several times before anything becomes accepted.

Quoting this incase it was looked over. <.<;

You want to join in on the mod?

ColonyLifeRatings2.PNG

Oh, I managed to get myself as a part of the project!:D
Just, I will be very infrequent on the other forum, due to the 'internet problems' I'm suffering (Thande should know what I'm talking about).

You forgot Genoa... (which included Corsica at this point.)

Sign me up for research, if you like, since my main interest in history is around this era...

Map with Genoa in hot pink (used last PNG map...):

P.S. Most of Ottoman Africa should be vassals too (Egypt, Tunisia and Algeria, anyway. I think *Libya was a vassal too at this point.)

P.P.S - something should be done about the Kingdom of Kandy in Sri Lanka...

Victoria%201700.png

You forgot Genoa... (which included Corsica at this point.)

Sign me up for research, if you like, since my main interest in history is around this era...

Map with Genoa in hot pink (used last PNG map...):

P.S. Most of Ottoman Africa should be vassals too (Egypt, Tunisia and Algeria, anyway. I think *Libya was a vassal too at this point.)

P.P.S - something should be done about the Kingdom of Kandy in Sri Lanka...
1. We just hadn't gotten around to Genoa..

2. Hurrah!

3. You are correct about Tripoli.

4. Most certainly.

We're still working on the map, so all suggestions are greatly appreciated. If anyone can find some good historical maps of the period, please post them here.

We've found maps of some of Africa too, so the Ottoman Empire is being weakened territorially.

1. We just hadn't gotten around to Genoa..

But you coloured in Liguria with the colours of Savoy and Spain (Milan)...

2. Hurrah!

:)

3. You are correct about Tripoli.

:)

I take it that Victoria has vassal capability. (I've not played it, but would like to in the future...)

The personal-union issue will be a bit of a problem, though...

Perhaps a scripted event is in order, if anyone can make it? Otherwise, automatic alliance between the two (or more) states and vassal status for the less-powerful of the states?

(Note, Spain will have this problem at the moment, since Sicily, Naples, Milan and Sardinia are all in personal with Spain, which was itself a personal union (Castile and Aragon, and Navarre too, I think) but can be counted as a single state in Victoria...)

4. Most certainly.

Since the Victoria map can't accurately depict the territory of Kandy (the interior of Sri Lanka), then the leftmost region should be coloured as such.

Also, there should be some sort of system for a Holy Roman Empire... (Can that be done? :confused: How does Victoria deal with the German Confederation? :confused:)

I take it that Victoria has vassal capability. (I've not played it, but would like to in the future...)

Also, there should be some sort of system for a Holy Roman Empire... (Can that be done? :confused: How does Victoria deal with the German Confederation? :confused:)
Victoria has Satellites and Dominions as the vassal analogue. Satellites are in a defensive alliance with the Master, while Dominions are in a full alliance with the Master, but otherwise they are the same (except that Dominions have a better title, of course, but that's obvious:D).
Victoria deals with the Confederation by having the German states be in defensive alliances with eachother, and, primarily, by events.

Victoria has Satellites and Dominions as the vassal analogue. Satellites are in a defensive alliance with the Master, while Dominions are in a full alliance with the Master, but otherwise they are the same (except that Dominions have a better title, of course, but that's obvious:D).

Ok... if we have personal unions with the lesser (as in less powerful or whatever) as a "dominion" of the more powerful state (is there a way to customise the full official title of a state in Victoria?) then that would be workable...

Victoria deals with the Confederation by having the German states be in defensive alliances with eachother, and, primarily, by events.

Well, something like that could be applied to the HRE... A few fixes need to be put in, though, like to allow them to fight against each other on occasion, or to recognise the Habsburgs as the Emperor or whatever...

Ok... if we have personal unions with the lesser (as in less powerful or whatever) as a "dominion" of the more powerful state (is there a way to customise the full official title of a state in Victoria?) then that would be workable...
Well, that's how it's done for the personal unions that are in Victoria (IE, Hanover and the UK).
I don't think you can change the full official title of a state: they are either uncivilized (which trumps all others in showing on anything but the full diplomatic screen, except possibly Great Power), Great Power (which trumps Dominons of an Empire [the full title on screen of Dominions], Satellite state and maybe uncivilized, but those states almost never become Great Powers, so it's hard to know), or, hmm, I'm not certain what the 'standard' title is...
In any case, it can't be changed, as far as I know.

Well, that's how it's done for the personal unions that are in Victoria (IE, Hanover and the UK).
I don't think you can change the full official title of a state: they are either uncivilized (which trumps all others in showing on anything but the full diplomatic screen, except possibly Great Power), Great Power (which trumps Dominons of an Empire [the full title on screen of Dominions], Satellite state and maybe uncivilized, but those states almost never become Great Powers, so it's hard to know), or, hmm, I'm not certain what the 'standard' title is...
In any case, it can't be changed, as far as I know.

Actually, I meant something like: Kingdom of XYZ becoming the Republic of XYZ...

Does anything like that happen? :confused:

If not, then there is no problem...

Actually, I meant something like: Kingdom of XYZ becoming the Republic of XYZ...

Does anything like that happen? :confused:

If not, then there is no problem...
Names of states can't be changed without changing the TAG (and thus, technically, the country), but for most states, that's not a problem. They get marked as 'democracy' (meaning a democratic republic) in the government section, and they change the flag (or not, depending on how).
Basically, France (in the ordinary game), isn't the Kingdom of France, but France, with Constitutional Monarchy as the system of governace. Since flags can be changed by command, France, for example, could be handled by a command transforming them into a Presidential Dictatorship (non-democratic, non-Communist Republics), and changing the flag to the tricolour.

Names of states can't be changed without changing the TAG (and thus, technically, the country), but for most states, that's not a problem. They get marked as 'democracy' (meaning a democratic republic) in the government section, and they change the flag (or not, depending on how).
Basically, France (in the ordinary game), isn't the Kingdom of France, but France, with Constitutional Monarchy as the system of governace. Since flags can be changed by command, France, for example, could be handled by a command transforming them into a Presidential Dictatorship (non-democratic, non-Communist Republics), and changing the flag to the tricolour.

Fair enough... :)

Then there is no problem there...

There should probably be some kind of event that can break personal unions. (Unless there is one already?)