Vice-President Teddy Roosevelt

It is my understanding that Teddy was an unusually vigorous V-P. How would he have used and changed the office had McKinley served his full term(s)?

The vice presidents in those days just presided over the Senate and were not likely candidates for the White House. t TR was the first accidental president to win his own term.

It is my understanding that Teddy was an unusually vigorous V-P. How would he have used and changed the office had McKinley served his full term(s)?

That depends I think on whether Mckinley would let him. It's not out of the question-Teddy's predecessor, Garret Hobart, was pretty heavily involved with Mckinley's inna circle-he wasn't called 'The Assistant President' for nothing. However, I suspect the very reason TR was nominated for VP in the first place will prevent him from using the Vice Presidency in any meaningful way, especially with Hannah continuing to influence Mckinley.

The only way I personally see Mckinley relenting and giving Teddy more responsibility is if he starts kicking up a big enough fuss to inbarrass Mckinley and the administration. In that scenario, Mckinley might try to placate him by increasing his workload-with Hannah's support, as he hopes Teddy will make a mess of things.

I don't see TR going along with it though, if he's really unhappy with how Mckinley is running things.

I don't think he would be able to do much at all. Especially since he was put into the post to keep him inactive for a while.