Vandalia: A Barbarian Barbary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter One: The First Roman War
Part One: Goddas, God Doesn’t Like You- The P.O.D.

CAG.A.2006.002683.004.jpg

Goddas sat at his dining hall in Sardinia. The year was 532 A.D. and he was having a pleasant feast with his family and some other nobles in the area. He sat at the head of the table. His fat body was draped in all the finest materials. Sardinia was indeed a rich place, and it afforded Goddas considerable opulence. However, the hot Sun had left his skin red and burned, and even Goddas’ lightest of cloths rarely made it to the end of the day without becoming nothing more than a sweat towel.

Conversation ranged from religion and politics, to family matters and every day life. The Romans and the Vandals seemed to be gearing up for war: it was a huge topic of discussion. Goddas laughed heartily at a joke about the King Gilemer and the ass of a pig as he plunged his greasy hand into a bowl of peas, scooping them onto his plate. It was then that an idea came to him: Goddas could rule this island. The Romans and Vandals were already tense, it would not be difficult to play them off each other, and then use the ensuing chaos to become King Goddas I of Sardinia.

He smiled as pea juice dripped down his chins.

Then felt a horrible pain in his chest. His grey eyes bulged, and the poor fat bastard hit the floor dead. Goddas fell to a sudden and sizeable heart attack.

-----------
OTL Goddas’ rebellion, though put down, ended up being fatal for the Vandal Kingdom. The rebellion ended up distracting the Vandals long enough that the Byzantines were able to march within a few days of Carthage before Tzazo, the King’s brother, arrived from Sardinia, but too late.

And so the Vandalic War will be much like the Gothic War. Long and drawn out for the Byzantines, except that the Vandals will win. :D

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
This seems good, shame it seems dead(are you ever going to update this, errnge?;)
I can not believe that I actually have to do this.

You were warned to cut out the necro threads. Every time you do it, the thread gets locked, but you keep it up anyway.

Methinks it is time to focus your attention.

Kicked for a week. When you came back, leave the shovel in the garage.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Back to the grave zombie! With Salt and Blood I bind thee to the earth to rise no more!

Status
Not open for further replies.