Uncle Willy: Effects on Germany of a US-German alliance

Faeelin

Banned
This is something inspired by the Great War Series, where the US and CSA square off on the side of the central powers and the entente, respectively.

The USA adopts conscription and so forth from Germany, and there's great respect for Germany in the USA.

But what about vice versa? What are the effects on Germany of American officers in the Berlin War Department? Are German domestic politics changed at all by an alliance to a democratic great power?

Hmm....well, the USA becomes more beaurecratic and militerized....I'd guess Germany becomes more democratic and laize-faire.....if anything.

I doubt that substantial changes will occur to the German army or interior politics.

However, I think that we would see a very different High Seas Fleet. With the UK as a common enemy, and a strong partner overseas, Germany will probably design its navy with a different strategic goal. The OTL focus on the North Sea as the site for the decisive battle (Mahan - btw, will he ever write his book in ATL?) will likely not exist. Instead, the HSF will be designed for cooperation with the USN.

This is something inspired by the Great War Series, where the US and CSA square off on the side of the central powers and the entente, respectively.

The USA adopts conscription and so forth from Germany, and there's great respect for Germany in the USA.

But what about vice versa? What are the effects on Germany of American officers in the Berlin War Department? Are German domestic politics changed at all by an alliance to a democratic great power?

After he was deposed OTL ex-Kaiser Wilhelm was a big fan of HL Mencken, esp. his largely critical book on democracy. Wilhelm sent Mencken an autographed picture of himself which Mencken was proud of.

I

American PICKELHAUBEs

Don't forget too during the 1890s that the US army adopted the PICKELHAUBE briefly as part of the dress uniform.

My question is short of the an independent CSA becoming the staunch ally of Britain and France, what would cause such an alliance?
Good point. The Americans weren't exactly fans of the British during the later 19th century, but I always thought that London was held in higher regard than Berlin, considering the sheer number of German immigrants who came to get away from the Kaiser and his rule.

My question is short of the an independent CSA becoming the staunch ally of Britain and France, what would cause such an alliance?

Does this have to be a German Empire. Perhaps it is an idealogical alliance established in support of German Pres. Otto van Bismark's new German Republic?