Two Time's a Loser - AH Timeline Challenge

Well, just recently joining and lurking for a bit, I got to thinking on what scenarios possibly haven't been discussed (so if this has already been done, I apologize), and you all seem to like challenges, so try to imagine this.

How might the world have turned out if, rather than growing closer to Britain and France, as the U.S. did historically, it merely grew isolated instead? What might it have taken for the USA to join the Central Powers come WWI? Could the general anti-Japanese feeling that sort of permeated US feeling up until after WWII somehow been avoided (i.e., the US and Japan don't squabble over territories in the Pacific). And what might have happened if they had once again, in WWII, joined the Axis Powers from the start? Could a Germany, Italy, or Japan somehow getting supplies from US sources (which, historically, Churchill noted as important) been defeated so easily as they were in OTL? What might American Fascism (or at least with a president sympathetic to it) been like? And, if somehow the Allied powers could still have won WWII, what would that have meant for the US? Especially, if the US got demilitarized afterwards. What would a world without a strong military from the US be like?

I'm rather interested to hear what everybody here thinks...:D

Last edited:
A US in the Cental Powers? You need a POD before Britain and US reached an understanding regarding the Monroe doctrine and the British dominance of the seas. Perhaps active British support to the South during the civil war, more tensions over Alaska. Perhaps even a POD with the Oregon question, a war between US and UK over the Northwestern border could create interrestin butterflies.

maverick

Banned
What if Britain and America had gone to war in 1896? or if an alternate Mexican revolution saw the intervention of Britain and America in favor of opposing sides?

It was German submarine attacks that brought the U.S. into the war. So if there Germans had been more careful and only attacked British and French ships and British mines started sinking American ships and killing Americans, then maybe.