Two Americas Confederate States Presidential Election, 2011

Who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The last of the CS Elections.

It is 150 years since the Confederacy declared independence, and the CSA has come a long way since then. The population goes to the polls for this historic election.

In the purple corner, John McCain, a war hero in Nicaragua, looks to take the Gray House. A progressive conservative, McCain looks to be the first president from Arizona.

The Democrats, meanwhile, have put forward the unfortunately-named Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas as their candidate. With public confidence in the Democrats at an all-time low since John Edwards' impeachment for adultery, many of the more cynical are predicting that the Democrats see this election as a lost cause.

Their running mates are Luis Fortuno and Jim Webb respectively.

FWIW, I had planned to do primaries for the two parties, but I couldn't find enough Democrats. Maybe for TTL's 2008 US Election...

Anyway, it looks like McCain is doing well, having picked up Georgia, Texas and the majority-Catholic (and usually Democratic) Sierra Madre. Those three states carry 73 Electoral Votes between them, so stay with the Dubya as we cover the election, as it happens, only on CPBS.

Voting for Blanche. She may not be perfect, but McCain isn't exactly a 'progressive'. After all, it should be pointed out that his mother's family owned a huge number of slaves right up until the the Emancipation Law of 1898, and that he said nothing when corrupt election officials in Texas and Georgia tried taking black voters off the rolls in 1964, during his time as Arizona Congressman.....you know why that was? He was a family friend of one of the guilty parties. And to this day, he still denies any knowledge of what happened......that asshole.

I'll be donating whatever I can to the Lincoln campaign, but if McCain wins, then you can say good-bye to all our hard-won freedoms and we'll be going back to the old Plantation days.....won't that be fun? *snark*.

OOC: I figured it wouldn't hurt the canon if McCain was slightly different that OTL's.....I don't know anything about the Wright family, so I figured I'd just have McCain ancestor marry a woman from another family.....

Last edited:
Voting for Blanche. She may not be perfect, but McCain isn't exactly a 'progressive'. After all, it should be pointed out that his mother's family owned a huge number of slaves right up until the the Emancipation Law of 1946, and that he said nothing when corrupt election officials in Texas and Georgia tried taking black voters off the rolls in 1964, during his time as Arizona Congressman.....you know why that was? He was a family friend of one of the guilty parties. And to this day, he still denies any knowledge of what happened......that asshole.

I'll be donating whatever I can to the Lincoln campaign, but if McCain wins, then you can say good-bye to all our hard-won freedoms and we'll be going back to the old Plantation days.....won't that be fun? *snark*.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, personally. If David Duke had run on a platform of re-establishing slavery in 83 or 89, he'd have received less of the vote than he did...and he only received 2.2% in 1989.

Regarding the voter issue, you may be thinking of McCain II. McCain III was in the navy at the time.

Last edited:
The Dems have taken their traditional strongholds of Arkansas, Missouri and North Carolina, but losing Sierra Madre is a real blow. If McCain picks up any one of Florida, Kentucky, Sequoyah, Tennessee or Virginia (the five remaining states), he'll have enough EVs regardless of states carried.

I'll be dead in the cold, cold ground before I vote for a Lincoln! Go, McCain! Give that emancipatin, rail splittin hussy what fer till she cries "brassafrax!"