Tsar Alexander II Surives Help for a TL

Hi there, I am thinking about doing a TL in which Tsar Alexander II surives the attack on his carriage in 1881 and goes on to encat the a constitution and implement futher economic and political reforms. However I need help with two points:

1. I can't find any information on the Consitiution he was considering, expect that it allowed the indirect election of representatives to a national assembly. So, if anyone has any additional like what the powers of the assembly would have please share.

2. How I can stop Alexander II's reforms from being undone by the next Tsar? OTL Alexander III is sure to do away with his fathers reforms so he is a not an option. Maybe Alexander II's other son Nicholas surives, but I know nothing about his poitical views. So any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!
Patton

I know about constitution only that it allows something parliament. Maybe it is better if Alexander II's oldest son Nicholas survives. He was quiet moderate and supported constitutional monarchy.

I know about constitution only that it allows something parliament. Maybe it is better if Alexander II's oldest son Nicholas survives. He was quiet moderate and supported constitutional monarchy.

I think you are right about Nicholas and I think I know a way to make sure he surives.

I think you are right about Nicholas and I think I know a way to make sure he surives.

I agree Alexander III needs to be avoided if at all possible.

He just needs to avoid his trip to Southern Europe and his rendezvous with meningitis. If you want to stick with a strictly 1881 Alexander II survives POD, then knocking off Alexander III works too, say to another assassination or simply a riding accident, marry morganatically, etc. Grand Duke Vladamir was not a poor candidate either.

I agree Alexander III needs to be avoided if at all possible.

He just needs to avoid his trip to Southern Europe and his rendezvous with meningitis. If you want to stick with a strictly 1881 Alexander II survives POD, then knocking off Alexander III works too, say to another assassination or simply a riding accident, marry morganatically, etc. Grand Duke Vladamir was not a poor candidate either.

That or I could just have Nicholas not partake in the wrestling macth that caused the untreated spinal injury that left in at a much greater risk to infection.