Truman in '52, who is president in '56?

Given the right circumstances and the will to do so, it is probably not impossible for Truman to win '52. If he does run and win in '52, who is likely to become president in '56?
My thoughts would be Ike or Earl Warren, but at 66 and 65 respectively they might be a bit old, and I doubt Dewey would get another chance. I also think by '56 a republican will win, but what does the board think?

Considering Reagan entered the White House age 70, it's not beyond Ike to do so around 65. Mitt's running at 65, anyway.

Given the right circumstances and the will to do so, it is probably not impossible for Truman to win '52.

What circumstances, besides Ike not running and Korea going better (or avoiding the conflict altogether)? I was always under the impression that Truman was deeply unpopular by the end of his term, and so very unlikely to win if he ran again.

What circumstances, besides Ike not running and Korea going better (or avoiding the conflict altogether)? I was always under the impression that Truman was deeply unpopular by the end of his term, and so very unlikely to win if he ran again.

If he's running against Taft (there's a theory I've heard that Ike wouldn't run against an incumbent President, and Taft nearly won the nomination anyways) then he might be able to pull it off as the 'least worst' option. He's do better than Stevenson anyway.

If you want Truman to win, you're going to have to kill off MacArthur before he gets laid off. That will get you started.

A Truman win in 1952 happens in a very different world. There is no Korean War and no Cold War. I assume Barbarossa was much more successful and Eastern Europe was liberated by Anglo US forces and Jaing wins the Chinese civil war. With a booming economy I think ITTL a Democrat could in 1956.
I assume it is Stevenson,

McArthur drops dead just after Inchon or he obeys orders without fuss.

China is not provoked.

Truman has unambigiously won Korea.

It probably helps for Taft to run which could have happened anyway

He was known as Spartan here and Spartan Phalanx on DW. On DW he wrote TL that had Truman bomb the Yalu. This meant the Chinese could not send there troops in and the North Koreans can only hold on to a small stretch of territory on the Chinese border. So a victory in Korea in 1951 Coukd give Truman a political boost.

Earl Warren, Harold Stassen and Nixon are all possibilities. Actually, Averill Harriman is going to stay on in the Truman Administration, so it could be Nelson Rockefeller, who wins in 1954.

He was known as Spartan here and Spartan Phalanx on DW. On DW he wrote TL that had Truman bomb the Yalu. This meant the Chinese could not send there troops in and the North Koreans can only hold on to a small stretch of territory on the Chinese border. So a victory in Korea in 1951 Coukd give Truman a political boost.

Do you have a link?