Trailblazing to Victory: The Ramifications of America's First Woman President

Also I'm gonna let Gerry sum up everything so far in her own words (from Ferraro: My Story a great book that I highly recommend reading ;)):

TPB4nO2.jpg

Can not wait for the admin to actually start tbh. So much happened in these 4 years. Will be fascinating seeing someone as President that is very different from HW Bush. I wonder if the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait will even happen...

@Sombergen I think Ferraro now has 60+ votes in the Senate to pass many items in her agenda, with 59 Democrats and with Weicker, Hatfield and Packwood potentially helping her with her liberal priorities.

@Sombergen I think Ferraro now has 60+ votes in the Senate to pass many items in her agenda, with 59 Democrats and with Weicker, Hatfield and Packwood potentially helping her with her liberal priorities.

Likely but it's also no guarantee of unity, if a few Democrats aren't happy with something she wants to do they could still filibuster it if they wanted to. Will have to see what she tries to do.

When's the next update?

I'm not really sure. Hopefully this Friday but I've been a bit distracted the past week or so.

Cabinet ideas (bold are my personal choices)-

State: Warren Christopher, Richard Holbrooke, Patsy Mink, George H.W. Bush, Howard Baker, Walter Mondale, George J. Mitchell
Defense: Sam Nunn, Lee H. Hamilton, Tom Harkin, Bob Kerrey
Treasury: Paul Volcker, Lloyd Bentsen, Erskine Bowles, Anne Richards
Attorney General: Mario Cuomo, Bruce Babbitt, Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Interior: Bruce Babbitt, Al Gore
Agriculture: Tom Harkin, Dan Glickman, George McGovern, Martha Layne Collins
Commerce: Ralph Nader, Bill Bradley, Erskine Bowles
Labor: Dick Gephardt, Harris Wofford
HHS: Michael Dukakis, Patricia Schroeder, Liddy Dole, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Dick Celeste, Marian Wright Edelman
HUD: Coretta Scott King, Tom Bradley, Henry Cisneros
Transportation: Lee Iacocca, Ralph Nader, Liddy Dole, Tommy Thompson
Energy: Hazel R. O'Leary
Education: Richard Riley, Mark White

Last edited:

State: Warren Christopher, Richard Holbrooke, Patsy Mink, George H.W. Bush, Howard Baker, Walter Mondale, George J. Mitchell
Attorney General: Bill Clinton, Mario Cuomo, Bruce Babbitt, Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Labor: Jesse Jackson, Dick Gephardt, Harris Wofford
HHS: Michael Dukakis, Patricia Schroeder, Liddy Dole, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Dick Celeste, Marian Wright Edelman
HUD: Jesse Jackson, Coretta Scott King, Tom Bradley, Henry Cisneros
This makes literally no sense. Did you just pick famous names at random, or...?

How are these unbelievable?
I don’t see Ralph Nader, George H.W. Bush, McGovern, sitting Governors Clinton and Cuomo, Coretta Scott King, Tommy Thompson (who’s currently a state legislator and might be an incoming Governor), Jesse Jackson, Paul Volcker ever serving in her Cabinet, and in some of these cases, being in any President’s Cabinet.

Again, it looks like you just picked names at random.

I don’t see Ralph Nader, George H.W. Bush, McGovern, sitting Governors Clinton and Cuomo, Coretta Scott King, Tommy Thompson (who’s currently a state legislator and might be an incoming Governor), Jesse Jackson, Paul Volcker ever serving in her Cabinet, and in some of these cases, being in any President’s Cabinet.

Again, it looks like you just picked names at random.
These were ideas, not actual picks. These people were just who I would pick if I were Ferraro. Cuomo was also a political mentor of Ferraro but would likely not leave his job as Governor, hence why I chose Ginsburg.

These were ideas, not actual picks. These people were just who I would pick if I were Ferraro. Cuomo was also a political mentor of Ferraro but would likely not leave his job as Governor, hence why I chose Ginsburg.
H.W. was a pick, and so was Nader, King, Thompson...

For the third time, these make no sense. Saying they were just “ideas” is a bit of a cop out.

For the third time, these make no sense. Saying they were just “ideas” is a bit of a cop out.
Bush was to show that Ferraro was able to be bi-partisan, to keep up a strong foreign policy in the final days of the Cold War, and to shut down any idea that it would not be possible for a woman to be strong on international relations.

King was due to Ferraro's dedication to economic change amongst minorities, especially amongst women. King would have been an excellent spokesperson for these policies due to their shared belief in women's rights and continued advance of civil rights.

Thompson, I will admit, was probably due more to the transportation he supported while he was governor.

Nader was due to his unwillingness to back down when it came to things like big business and unfair wages. Ferraro felt the same way about wages. He probably would be better suited at Energy, though.

These are all reasonable picks, certainly some of them might not accept, but they are all qualified and competent. This is a kind of all-star cabinet.

These are all reasonable picks, certainly some of them might not accept, but they are all qualified and competent. This is a kind of all-star cabinet.
It’s also a Cabinet of complete ideological opposites who would never accept or even entertain an offer from Ferraro, much less work with each other.

It’s just a list of famous politicos from the late 80’s.

Attorney General: Mario Cuomo, Bruce Babbitt, Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Labor: Dick Gephardt, Harris Wofford
HUD: Coretta Scott King, Tom Bradley, Henry Cisneros

These are some interesting ideas for cabinet picks for Ferraro. I've already decided who's in it but I will say that a some of these people were considered and a few of them do appear in her cabinet somewhere.

Also FYI but Jesse Jackson died of a brain aneurysm just so you know.

These are some interesting ideas for cabinet picks for Ferraro. I've already decided who's in it but I will say that a some of these people were considered and a few of them do appear in her cabinet somewhere.

Also FYI but Jesse Jackson died of a brain aneurysm just so you know.

He could have gotten better...