Toleration of Interwar Communist States

Clearly other countries were atleast "okay" enough with fascist countries in Europe to ignore them for a long while. Would changing the ideology to communist make anyone more inclined to act. Specifically, enough of a difference to warrent active intervention in civil war/coup/ or even downright invasion?

Also, you may have noticed, I'm specifically interested in Italy right now, and in this case, France's reaction to a communist Italy. However, the more scenarios presented, the better.

Larrikin

Banned
Clearly other countries were atleast "okay" enough with fascist countries in Europe to ignore them for a long while. Would changing the ideology to communist make anyone more inclined to act. Specifically, enough of a difference to warrent active intervention in civil war/coup/ or even downright invasion?

Also, you may have noticed, I'm specifically interested in Italy right now, and in this case, France's reaction to a communist Italy. However, the more scenarios presented, the better.

In most of those fascist states the fascists came to power through legitimate (if very dodgy) means. The exception was Spain, and that was going to be a civil war no matter which side won the election.

I think that other countries would have intervened in a communist armed rising, and would definitely have intervened if the USSR was even remotely implicated. Remember, Trotsky was all for on going continuous revolution, every where, all the time. The communists in the USSR made no bones about the fact that they saw themselves as the saviours of the world's proletariat and were prepared to sponsor rebellion and fight to "liberate them from the dictatorship of the bourgeousie".