To the Victor, Go the Spoils (Redux): A Plausible Central Powers Victory

Probably the ones with the best potential, also didn't Germany got Gabon from France or am I imagining things?
Yeah they got i think Gabon and the Brazaville-Congo, ngl the CAR and Chad look kinda awkward now, can the French even access them? Honestly i kinda hoped Germany kept Tanzania, but ig Britain wouldnt let go of it.

I love this TL; it's so wonderfully well-written and obviously well-researched. One development that I'm particularly interested in is the evolution of Britain's relationships with its dominions. With the war ending in what could favourably be called a stalemate, I wonder if there will be the same shift to Statute of Westminster-style dominion autonomy, or if proposals for imperial federation (as much of a pipedream that is) could be revived.

I love this TL; it's so wonderfully well-written and obviously well-researched. One development that I'm particularly interested in is the evolution of Britain's relationships with its dominions. With the war ending in what could favourably be called a stalemate, I wonder if there will be the same shift to Statute of Westminster-style dominion autonomy, or if proposals for imperial federation (as much of a pipedream that is) could be revived.
But that would mean Britain would lose power to the Indians. And considering people like Churchill as the norm for this time, that would never do to the aristocrats of the UK.

But that would mean Britain would lose power to the Indians. And considering people like Churchill as the norm for this time, that would never do to the aristocrats of the UK.
I think a C-A-NZ-UK Imperial Federation is viable at least. But yeah India being part of an Imperial Federation was never on the table.

I think a C-A-NZ-UK Imperial Federation is viable at least. But yeah India being part of an Imperial Federation was never on the table.
And of course like OTL, promises of freedom to the subcontinent will be shredded and told “tough shit” by people like Colonel Reginald Dyer (may he burn in hell).

ALso yeah, with the Imperial Federation thing including only Dominions and the UK India stays the well, at least until people there start active opposition (maybe even armed) after realising the UK isn't going to let them go.

Imperial Federation will probably have Canada, Newfoundland, South Africa (with Rhodesia and some other parts added perhaps), Australia, and New Zealand join the UK as somewhat equal partners in a union whilst the rest remain colonies.

ALso yeah, with the Imperial Federation thing including only Dominions and the UK India stays the well, at least until people there start active opposition (maybe even armed) after realising the UK isn't going to let them go.
So Gandhi becomes a militant revolutionary instead of peaceful protest?

Shouldn't South Africa be in as well?
Imperial Federation will probably have Canada, Newfoundland, South Africa (with Rhodesia and some other parts added perhaps), Australia, and New Zealand join the UK as somewhat equal partners in a union whilst the rest remain colonies.

South Africa and Rhodesia have a problem that CANZ don't have. Namely a notable native population who probably isn't all that on board with the Imperial Federation. Less than 10% of the population across the two are of European ancestry and a good chunk of those are Boers/Afrikaners who are going to demand the non-European population is in the worst state possible like OTL South Africa. Cape Colony itself could work since its 25% European as of 1904, a large chunk of which are not Boers/Afrikaners thanks to the Great Trek, but Orange Free State, Natal, Transvaal, and Rhodesia have either too few British or to many Boers to work in the long run.

Last edited:
How do you come up with the Imperial Federation?
Because if I remember correctly, at that point OTL was already a dead idea.
Or to put it a little differently, the Imperial Federation fell in Europe between 1914 and 1918.
The First World War damaged both the prestige and the financial resources of Britain itself OTL, and gave the White Dominions a national identity that went beyond being part of the British Empire.
It's an interesting idea for but probably about 20 to 30 years too late for this timeline to be realistic.

That's bound to be very controversial there. But you just reminded me, what happened to Namibia? We know Germany lost it but without the LoN, did South Africa directly annex it?
Yes, it did. I asked the question few months before, and The Reformer clarified,that South-West Africa followed it's OTL fate, annexed by SA

To be fair, if that happened then you'd end up with an Indian Empire, that happens to own an island on the coast of Europe over two to three generations.
It would be like one of the England wins 100 year war scenarios, where the Plantagenets move the capital to Paris and France ends up in the drivers seat.

To be fair, if that happened then you'd end up with an Indian Empire, that happens to own an island on the coast of Europe over two to three generations.
It would be like one of the England wins 100 year war scenarios, where the Plantagenets move the capital to Paris and France ends up in the drivers seat.
I’d be very down to read said England wins the battle but loses the war scenarios lol

I think I've read this tale before.

81BIYQdlgwL.jpg

The question is if it would be a bug or a feature....

Recall how in OTL England became a Scots Crown Colony after that Tudor spinster croaked? Ha-ha, good times!