ThePharao's Kingdom of France-Royaume de France Timeline

I had some question's about ThePharao's Kingdom of France-Royaume de France Timeline, but i didn't see a link to a discussion thread. So i decided to post the questions here (if i should post them somewhere else please tell me).
This is the link to the timeline:
https://www.alternatehistory.com/Discussion/showthread.php?t=31096

Question 1
What happened to the French (and Dutch) Guyana and caribbean Islands, are they part of new France? Do they have some other status? Did France lose them (and if so to who)?
Question 2
How did France Acquire Southern africa, was it still a Dutch Colony at the time France coquered the Netherlands? And if it was why, because in the OTL it was already Brittish at that moment (and if it was Dutch, what happened to Sri Lanka and Current day Brittish Guyana wich the dutch lost at the same time as southern africa).
Question 3
Did the French in your timeline tried to get some pacific Islands like they did in the OTL and if so what happened to them?

Hashemite

Banned
Sorry, I forgot about the discussion thread. I am going to post a map of the world for my TL. Tell me after that if you have concerns.

Hendryk

Banned
Had a look at your ATL. I have a few comments:
The apparent POD was the absence of a revolution in 1830, but that seems too late to account for the French possessions in the New World. How did France reclaim Québec and Louisiana, if the POD was indeed in 1830?
France seems to control not just Indochina, but what in OTL are Myanmar, Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh and the entire southern half of China. That's a huge, culturally diverse Asian possession that I don't think could form a single "kingdom", and the fact that its population is about 12 times that of Metropolitan France would have had quite an impact on the latter.
Too many borders appear identical to OTL's, such as North/South Korea. With such major historical alterations, one would expect too see more differences on a world map.
Also, a rule of AH is that all people existing in OTL whose ancestors in the ATL have been affected in any way by the POD are never born. Nicolas Sarkozy is one such person.

I have a couple of questions:

Does Germany actually unite in this thread, or is Germany still a collection of small states and Prussia. It seems to me that a strong France would not allow this to occur.

How does France get South Africa? It never ever had any ties to that region, and I doubt short of a catastrophic war, that Britain would allow them to take it over.

France seems to conquer N. Africa rather quickly. Within five year if I'm not mistaken. This seems doubtful, because of the desert tribesman. Again, England would not allow this to happen.

America would not sell Louisiana back to France. There were too many American citizens living there to ever allow this to happen. Also did the Confederacy also sell Texas as well? This seems a little absurd.

Lastly, if there was a division of China I would expect that Britain, Japan, and Russia would carve the country up, with France getting a smaller share.

In summation, why is Britain so weak against France?

Hashemite

Banned
Does Germany actually unite in this thread, or is Germany still a collection of small states and Prussia. It seems to me that a strong France would not allow this to occur? No, its a little collection of big states, such as Prussia, Bavaria etc..

How does France get South Africa? It never ever had any ties to that region, and I doubt short of a catastrophic war, that Britain would allow them to take it over. The Dutch keep S. Africa and it is ceded to France after the war. Read the TL

France seems to conquer N. Africa rather quickly. Within five year if I'm not mistaken. This seems doubtful, because of the desert tribesman. Again, England would not allow this to happen. It does not send its army into the Sahara, just claim it for France, later in the early 1900s it is colonialized.

America would not sell Louisiana back to France. There were too many American citizens living there to ever allow this to happen. Also did the Confederacy also sell Texas as well? This seems a little absurd. Read the TL. The war ends in a Union victory, but in a draw. The CS came very very close to winning. The country is officialy bankrupt. It sells Louisiana, in return for settlement right and the previlege of power in the colonial government.

Lastly, if there was a division of China I would expect that Britain, Japan, and Russia would carve the country up, with France getting a smaller share. Russia and Japan are consideraly weaker than IOTL. Britain is allied very closely to France. The Brits get north China, Russia Mongolia, and Japan a sphere in Manchuria.

In summation, why is Britain so weak against France? Its not weak, they are just very close allies.

France reclaim Québec and Louisiana, if the POD was indeed in 1830?

Read the TL

The Dutch keep S. Africa and it is ceded to France after the war. Read the TL

That requires an earlier POD then. The English seized S. Africa in 1797.

It does not send its army into the Sahara, just claim it for France, later in the early 1900s it is colonialized.

You seem to forget there were already African states and tribes there, who would be quite annoyed if they were claimed.

The war ends in a Union victory, but in a draw. The CS came very very close to winning. The country is officialy bankrupt. It sells Louisiana, in return for settlement right and the previlege of power in the colonial government.

That still doesn't explain Texas, or how they would "sell" it to the French without the local settlers getting mighty angry. I would think the French would have a major rebellion ala the "Mexican - American" war on their hands.

ts not weak, they are just very close allies.

This was against established British foreign policy of not allowing one power to control all of Europe.

Hashemite said:
The war ends in a Union victory, but in a draw. The CS came very very close to winning. The country is officialy bankrupt. It sells Louisiana, in return for settlement right and the previlege of power in the colonial government.

Sorry, I don't really think it would happen. The war may be incredibly expensive, but how are any foreign nations going to call the debt? They don't have the means. Even a bankrupt United States following the ACW would be dangerous if cornered.

Economically the US improved it's lot from the ACW. Railroads expanded, and factories flourished.

Besides which, if the USA is cashed strapped, it's not going to sell off access to it's econmic life line- the Mississippi. New Orleans well still be a valuable port to the Americans, and leaving it the hands of a foreign power leaves it the potential to be held hostage by it.

Furthermore, Cally has already proven itself to be a worthy investment. By selling back the Louisana Purchase it well be cut off from the rest of the country, again hurting it econmically.

More likely is that Europe is eager to resume trade with the United States.

Certain elements need to be changed that's all. Pushing back the POD would work. Have the French do better in the 7-Years War.

Hashemite said:
Sorry, I forgot about the discussion thread. I am going to post a map of the world for my TL. Tell me after that if you have concerns.
It seems to me that the list of kings is a bit obvious. What if Charles X's other son the Duc de Berry wasn't killed in 1820 and suceeded his brother Louis XIX as king. Furthermore what if Henri V aka Comte de Chambord actually had issue.... Louis XIX 1836-1844, Charles XI (Duc de Berry) 1844-1852, Henri V (Comte de Chambord) 1852-1883, Charles XII 1883-1903, Louis XX 1903-1940, Henri VI 1940-1968, Henri VII 1968-1980, Charles XIII 1980-present day. All just a suggestion of course

Matt said:
Certain elements need to be changed that's all. Pushing back the POD would work. Have the French do better in the 7-Years War.

I have to concur...... Its an extremely interesting TL, but to happen in full,,,an earlier POD is needed, I dont know much about how France gradually gained its empire in Africa and Asia, but maybe the 1830 POD is suitable for that but.......

If canada did degenerate into civil war for some reason after independance it would be British troops sent into to restore order, unless i missed something in the TL. Certainly if the problem was a large rebellion in Quebec they wouldnt let French troops in Canada.

MrP

Banned
Hashemite said:
So, from the comments I see, I can make out that the TL is a very unlikely piece of crap, right?:mad:

I don't understand why you're angry, old boy. Surely the point of these TLs and discussion fora is the generation both of discussion and getting people to give us pointers toward improving what we've written.

It's a rare soul who has a perfect TL straight off. ;) It takes practice. Don't take suggestions that will improve the realism of your TLs as personal attacks, nor as imputations that the TL is worthless. Keep plugging away and perfection will come through experience.