The year of Four Kaisers

This is just an idea I had.

What effect would Wilhelm II serving less that 99 days like his father have on Germany?

For discussion purposes lets say that while on a carriage ride in September 1888 a roof tile falls on Wilhelm II killing him.

His now six year old son becomes Kaiser Wilhelm III with a regent most likely being his uncle Heinrick and Bismarck remaining chancellor for an additional few years.

How does this effect Germany, Europe and the World.

Lets discuss

I'll stick with calling it a wank, though maybe my definition of a wank is different from yours. If you look at the things that have been going right for Germany, it's just beyond plausible.

Ah, well, I tend to consider a wank where a country has undeniably good luck (sort of like the British Empire of OTL), although lacking in competition. Nothhing ever goes wrong. Basically that said "wanked" nation will dominate from dusk till dawn. Your Germany seems a fair bit more balanaced IMO although it's obviously doing better.

Should be interesting to see how the position of Emperor fares in this timeline, as instead of having a wannabe autocrat (or at least real monarch) you have someone in need of a regency for at least a decade, and probably influenced by that experience.

Should be interesting to see how the position of Emperor fares in this timeline, as instead of having a wannabe autocrat (or at least real monarch) you have someone in need of a regency for at least a decade, and probably influenced by that experience.

So effectively Prince Heinrich is ruler until 1900. Oh well, couldn't be worse than Willy.

I would hope not. But I'm not sure if he'd be much better, either.

The Reich is not nearly as well set up as Bismarck made it look.

Heinrich is basically Wilhelm without the egomania, the tactlessness and the delusions of grandeur. By all accounts he was a capable man, a hard worker, and eminently personable. Not a genius out to prove himself - the Reich will have to find its own feet. But it will be able to shake things into place without the constant irritation that was Wilhelm II.