Updated the map. Somehow, there is a doubling of land in the Tyrrhenian Seas... I have only been to Olbia (and some surrounding villages and small towns like San Teodoro) in North-East Sardinia. Not to Corsica!
aTGjFKG.png

WHY DO THESE HAVE A TON OF PROVINCES MISSING?! I too want to add my travels but my home country doesnt have any provinces around the capital :'(
Same for me - I want to add my travels in mainland European Russia (and the northern parts of Ukraine) but there's nowhere to add them.

I'll try to add the other places I've been to (Armenia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Israel, Lithuania, southern and western Ukraine, some parts of Russia... Tashkent is off the map) when I consult some other maps to figure out where they were exactly.
[BTW, what counts as "lived"? How many weeks/months in a row?]

Once I take the plunge and create an imgur account to host the map, I'll update where I've lived/visited/passed through - it'll take a while, I've been a bit peripatetic in my career.

BTW, what counts as "lived"? How many weeks/months in a row?
I'm taking 'lived' to mean when that was my only address. So when I was 'living' elsewhere for six months, but still had my own house back home, I'm putting the six-month location under 'visited'. 'Briefly stopped at' I'm taking to be less than a week.
No idea if that's what close to what others are doing - this is a bit of an inexact science I think ;).

I'm taking 'lived' to mean when that was my only address. So when I was 'living' elsewhere for six months, but still had my own house back home, I'm putting the six-month location under 'visited'. 'Briefly stopped at' I'm taking to be less than a week.
No idea if that's what close to what others are doing - this is a bit of an inexact science I think ;).

I'm counting 'lived' as 'place I can remember that was my chief place of residence)- e.g. including Uni, whereas 'Brief visit' I'm counting as 'stopped off for up to an hour'

I'm still working on my map... added Bulgaria, Lithuania, Kaliningrad Oblast, Belarus, and Ukraine (including Crimea, which was Ukrainian when I was there), not done yet on Armenia, Serbia, Israel and southern Russia.

On my current definitions: "visited" basically means it was a deliberate visit to somewhere in there, "briefly stopped" means a non-deliberate but noticeable visit (usually a waypoint stop), "passed through" means I was there in a bus or taxi (not train, too much of that) but don't recall getting out.
I've never actually had my main address anywhere outside Moscow (and my official address anywhere outside eastern Moscow), so I'm not sure what to count as "lived". (It doesn't help that many of my trips were basically structured along the lines of "we stay for X weeks at a hotel/at a friend's house and visit assorted nearby places".) Seriously considering including some places in Israel (notably my grandmother's home, where I stayed for multiple weeks in 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2012).

I think it would be a good idea to put the "going to in the future" color in the map that I used when I uploaded the first map of this back in November. What do you guys think?

I think it would be a good idea to put the "going to in the future" color in the map that I used when I uploaded the first map of this back in November. What do you guys think?
I don't think that would really work well, since this map is all about where people HAVE been, not where they will be.

Added Côtes-D'Armor, Gironde and Calvados as "lived", updated Ille-Et-Vilaine as "Lived", added Bouches-du-Rhône, Aude, Lot-Et-Garonne, Finistère, Morbihan, Loire-Atlantique, Barcelona, Haute-Savoie, Savoie, Charente, Malaga, Cordoba, Marrakech, many parts of Greece, Puy-de-Dôme and Manche as "Visited", upgraded Jersey, Belfast, Krakow, Oswiecym, Athens and Oise to "visited by multiple AH commoners", Rhône and Seine-Maritime to "Briefly stopped at", and I passedthrough many places, not gonna list them all.

1493212918-places.png

Added Arrondisement Ypres and updated the Brussels Capital Region as "Lived". Added or updated Kortrijk, Brugge, Diksmuide, Ostend, Roeselare, Veurne, Mouscron, Tournai, Mons, Ghent, Oudenaarde, Aalst, Sint-Niklaas, Leuven, Halle-Vilvoorde, Mechelen, Antwerp, Turnhout, Hasselt, Maaseik, Tongeren, Wavre, Liége, Marche-en-Famenne, Bastogne, Luxembourg, Zeelandic Flanders, North Brabant, Gelderland, South Holland, Nord, Landes, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, Pyrénées-Orientales, Haute-Garonne, Girona, Tarragona, Lucca, Napels, Salerno, Chania, Heraklion, Rethymno, Salzburg, Gmunden, Villach, Bled, Koper, Piran, Primorje-Gorski Kotar, Zadar, Sibenik-Knin, Split-Dalmatia, Herzegovina-Neretva, Dubrovnik-Neretva, Herceg Novi, Kotor, Cardiff, Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire as "Visited". Added or updated Ceredigion, Powys, Bath, Arnsberg, Moselle, Seine-et-Marne, Aude, Herault, Gard, Bouches-de-Rhône, Barcelona, Pisa, Florence, Siena, Rome, Venice, Trieste, Upper Bavaria, Ljublijana and Istria as "Mutiple visited"

bryaniiiplaces_by_bryaniii-db7eesi.png

Higher resolution can be found here: http://bryaniii.deviantart.com/art/BryanIIIplaces-677557602?ga_submit_new=10:1493391496