The Whale has Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not expecting much from either Astro or Cymraeg until December. End of Year Rugby Tests start in November, with Wales facing off against the Southern Hemisphere's Big 3 (All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies) and Fiji. It's sure to provide a distraction.

It would be bad for us to start an ASB thread entitled "WI Astrodragon continued The Whale has Wings?" wouldn't it?

Last edited:

ctayfor

Monthly Donor
I'm not expecting much from either Astro or Cymraeg until December. End of Year Rugby Tests start in November, with Wales facing off against the Southern Hemisphere's Big 3 (All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies) and Fiji. It's sure to provide a distraction.

Quite right, quite right:p

It would be bad for us to start an ASB thread entitled "WI Astrodragon continued The Whale has Wings?" wouldn't it?

:D:D:D:D:D

We just have to accept that Astrodragon is a sadist who achieves some sort of sick satisfaction by hooking his victims on his literary "product" and then disappearing whilst they undergo cold turkey.

The swine!

I know I'm pre-emptively breaking my own advice here but could I suggest that we avoid people posting the usual cries of disappointment that the latest activity in the thread wasn't Astrodragon posting an update or grumbles about how long it's been since the last one? Just let the page sink back down until if and when he's ready since by this point I don't think we have anything new to add constructively about the old posts. That's just my personal opinion though.

I know I'm pre-emptively breaking my own advice here but could I suggest that we avoid people posting the usual cries of disappointment that the latest activity in the thread wasn't Astrodragon posting an update or grumbles about how long it's been since the last one? Just let the page sink back down until if and when he's ready since by this point I don't think we have anything new to add constructively about the old posts. That's just my personal opinion though.

I was only posting as I just got caught up.

My apologies that wasn't directed at you personally but more how this thread seem to go every so often. I wasn't trying to imply that you shouldn't be allowed to post things like that, it's normally the usual suspects who go into impatient mode.

On an in-the-shower thought, I wonder what this post war world will look like. Can the western allies get to Berlin first? Warsaw is not possible, the Iron Curtain could be a lot more east if the initiatives are grasped. Maybe even a second smaller landing after Normandy in Denmark to keep the ball rolling? I'm not using that as my main option, just a wild example, but it is a question I asked myself before when reading about the Normandy landing. Why weren't there more landings made after, to keep the Germans unbalanced while the main push east was going on by the WA? I appreciate the logistical nightmare it was for Overlord, but now they have two successful blueprints of how to conduct a seaborne invasion. Just a thought I had. As well what is China, and FIC going to be like come the end of everybody else's hostilities?

With the more effective response and defense of the empire, it feels like it will be able to deal with decolonization more confidently. Some of the colonies could even be to the tune of being able to help with the defense next time. More in that the Commonwealth turns more into a NATO like defense treaty with economics pluses, making for a recognized though looser third power bloc in time for the Cold War.

If I am speaking malarkey please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.