The Union Forever: A TL

One thing that's really interested me is Napoleon's France in this TL. I know you said you're going into the 21st century, but I'm really curious about France right now. If you wouldn't mind, I'd actually like to see a greater in-depth look at the inner workings of the French Empire leading up to WWI in addition to what's coming next.

Very nice update!
So it appears that Communism ITTL has largely been replaced with Krulik's neo-Technocrat movement. This is awesome, I can't even remember any other ATL that included Technocracy as part of it (it IS a pretty whacked-out philosophy of course).

Yes to an extent. Communism is a heck of a lot more marginalized than in OTL due to the failure of the Hungarian communist revolution and the lack of a communist flag bearer like OTL USSR. To be sure there are still Marxist ITTL but Krulikism is stealing some of their thunder.

Also WRT the apparent jump in European settlement of North Africa, what consequences will this have later on down the line in terms of religious and ethnic makeup of that region? I seem to recall that OTL colonization of NA was pretty light, but this may not be the case anymore.

The big increase in European settlement to both French and Italian North Africa is due largely in France's case to having no other colonies to go to and in Italy's case due to a much more effective central government being able to organize large scale settlement. This will have important consequences when decolonization starts in the coming decades.

Also, am I to assume this USA won't be partaking in any Banana War shenanigans, given its more isolationist, peace-loving outlook (as well as the overall more successful foundation of democracy in Latin America)?

True, the USA has much better relations with Latin America than OTL but that does not rule out future military action in the Southern Hemisphere if America feels here interests or allies are threatened.

One thing that's really interested me is Napoleon's France in this TL. I know you said you're going into the 21st century, but I'm really curious about France right now. If you wouldn't mind, I'd actually like to see a greater in-depth look at the inner workings of the French Empire leading up to WWI in addition to what's coming next.

I don't think I will be reposting anything on the Second French Empire at the moment, but I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about how the French Empire operated before the war. I will also try and post something on the Third French Republic in the next update. Cheers!

1940 Presidential Election
Hey everybody,

Sorry about this but I don’t think I will have time to post a full update this week. The following is a short blurb about the 1940 Presidential election. The two flags are teasers for other events during the 1940s. I will try and post the rest as soon as possible. Until then please feel free to post any questions, comments, or requests. Cheers!

1940 Presidential Elections

The 1940 Republican National Convention was held in a large convention center next to the state capitol building in Lancaster, Nebraska.[1] There President Warburton and Vice President Wingfield were dutifully renominated by the Republican Party to stand for a second term despite four lackluster years shackled by a Democratic congress. At the Democratic convention in Salem, Oregon the delegates were especially careful not to repeat their 1936 mistake and after a thorough vetting process selected the amiable and well mannered Senator Vernon M. Kirkman of Massachusetts as their presidential nominee. For his running mate Kirkman was paired with former governor Timothy G. Buchholz from the State of Texas. During the campaign President Warburton crisscrossed the country trying to drum up support for a more active federal movement and a greater role for the United States in world affairs. Kirkman, whose campaign was notable for the first recorded use of helicopters and television ads for political campaigning, successfully painted Warburton as a typical “busybody Republican, always tampering with a system that doesn’t need to be fixed”. Although Warburton’s poll numbers closed significantly with those of Kirkman in the weeks before election day, in the end they were not enough to keep him in the Whitehouse. When the votes were tallied, Vernon Kirkman was elected the 29th President of the United States accompanied by thick Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress.

Mjtobin.jpg

Vernon M. Kirkman
Democrat from Massachusetts
29th President of the United States

Upcoming flags from the 1940s. Speculation welcome.

attachment.php

attachment.php

[1] OTL Lincoln.

Last edited:
Map of the USA.

Hey everyone,

I am wondering if anybody is up for making a map of the United States to include its oversea territories. The map should also include state capitals. I know this is a tall order but it is about time the TL had one. Let me know if you are up for it. Cheers!

Hey everyone,

I am wondering if anybody is up for making a map of the United States to include its oversea territories. The map should also include state capitals. I know this is a tall order but it is about time the TL had one. Let me know if you are up for it. Cheers!

If you break it down to me in text I'll do it

Trying to hone my map making skills in Eurofed's USAO timeline, and while I'm new at it I've had few complaints there that I wasn't able to easily fix.

Just let me know what changes if any have been made to OTL capitals and state borders, and which overseas territories the US has specifically.

Also would you rather me use a Qbam or UCS map?