The Union Forever: A TL

Seemingly but I think that Quebec got OTL current borders decades after POD. Anyway is Keewatin territory similar Inuit autonomous area as OTL Nunavut territory?

Three-way Mars race. Anyway, were Chinese ever on Moon?

And first nation legalising homosexual marriages.

And new bloc. Let's see what will happen.

Events in Russia not surprise.

China has not been to the moon. One of the reasons them entering the race was surprising to many.

Last edited:
It however, did not definitely outline Russia’s territorial claims but cryptically stated that the “Empire reserves the right to defend its peoples and their ancestral homelands.”
For Christ Sakes. It sounds like the vaguely worded statements IOTL that allowed Russia to overtake Crimea. Just as an example.

For Christ Sakes. It sounds like the vaguely worded statements IOTL that allowed Russia to overtake Crimea. Just as an example.
Honestly I got the feeling Russia will kick off another world war over this ITL. No one has broken the Nuclear Taboo ITL with nukes being built but never used. So its possible that another world war is possible. My money is on China-Russia kicking this off.

Honestly I got the feeling Russia will kick off another world war over this ITL. No one has broken the Nuclear Taboo ITL with nukes being built but never used. So its possible that another world war is possible. My money is on China-Russia kicking this off.
And the fact that nuclear weapons were tested, but never used in war, unlike IOTL with Hiroshima and Nagasaki as a dark example.

And the Second Great War is going to be massive, no matter what.

Russo-Technate War seems very unavoidable. And nukes might be used. And hardly anyone outside of Technate Bloc cares about China and its allies. African nations might be very loud but they can't do anything more than whine.

Russo-Technate War seems very unavoidable. And nukes might be used. And hardly anyone outside of Technate Bloc cares about China and its allies. African nations might be very loud but they can't do anything more than whine.
I agree a Russo-Technate War is almost unavoidable at this point. The Technates are on their own ITL and not many would mind see them getting knocked to the ground. The thing of it how does this play out? Russia needs to recover first. Say 20 years or so for that. Then Russia takes some minor thing and blows it up for a CB for war. Most of the world just sets back and allows this to go on as they don't care for either. Its a coin flip on who uses nukes first. But who ever does will be the bastard child in the world and most likely get ganged up on.

If its China that used nukes first,
Germany and her bloc will enter the war for Russia signing away rights to the Baltic States, Finland, and Poland that entered Berlin's orbit during the IEF Civil War. I.e. treaties and possibly sightly changing their constitution.
The British and her bloc will likely enter the war for getting Hong Kong back and resevering the technate gains in India.
The US and its bloc, a wild card. But most likely they enter late and try to set up republics in newly freed technate areas.

If its Russia
Germany and her bloc still might enter the war to gain the Ukraine in their SOI. But the Tunin Bloc might jump on Berlin for this.

I dont see either the British or Americans entering the war unless attacked first if Russia jumps the gun on nukes. But they might be dragged in kicking and screaming.

Don't forger the fact that China is trying to push the US as well with their predictable territorial claims and the fact that their TU military allies are growing steadily across the region.

Did people from the old IEF space program emigrate to Germany or the USA during or after the war? Are they a significant component in thee new space race?

Some of the staff and researchers at the Eurasian Aviation and Space Bureau (YAKB) did defect to other nations during the IEF Civil War but not in large numbers. Most stayed and have begun restarting the Russian space program.

Don't forger the fact that China is trying to push the US as well with their predictable territorial claims and the fact that their TU military allies are growing steadily across the region.
The thing of it is I don't see the US ITL launching a war of aggression or supporting and joining a nation that broke out nukes first. The pubic backlash for that would be major and the party in control is about to be booted out of office.

If the US sees an opening to join against China I can see that being likely. I can also see the US being brought into the war kicking and screaming against its will if something major goes sideways.

Great update Mac Gregor. Nice to see that Union Forever is up and running again.

I'm really excited to see the Space Race 2 heat up with Germany, America, and China all racing towards Mars. I don't think that China will be the winner though since the Technate has only just now started their program and they probably don't have the high level of expertise that the U.S and Germany do. What's America's achievements in the Space Race over the others? Because it seems like the Space Race is one that's been German dominated.

I am curious to see how this All-African Alliance plays out. It seems that with Abyssinia's recent aggression this will be the start of what could be some regional wars in the future. How is the overall living standard in Africa compared to OTL?

Really like the Rowland presidency. Seems like he's a no-nonsense man of action that I would have voted for TTL. What are the full extent of his domestic policies for the United States? What major platforms are the Republican Party trying to push now that they're in control? Also who is Rowland's picture based off of. From both his look and background I'd say he reminds me of Tucker Carlson.

Looking forward to what becomes of Russia now that it has slid back into an Autocratic Reactionary state. I could see them making a alliance with either the Persian Bloc or the Turin Pact to deal with the threats of both China and Germany respectively. I don't know if you read my earlier post Mac Gregor but will Russia in the future slide into a form of Corporatism as the Russian people are filled with a Revanchist drive to restore the Empire after the disaster of the IEF Civil War? I can certainly see a Putin-esque figure coming into power to "Make Russia Great Again" and slowly start to steal power away from the Tsar while maintaining open appearances of loyalty to the monarch.

Looking forward to more!

Great update Mac Gregor. Nice to see that Union Forever is up and running again.

I'm really excited to see the Space Race 2 heat up with Germany, America, and China all racing towards Mars. I don't think that China will be the winner though since the Technate has only just now started their program and they probably don't have the high level of expertise that the U.S and Germany do. What's America's achievements in the Space Race over the others? Because it seems like the Space Race is one that's been German dominated.

I am curious to see how this All-African Alliance plays out. It seems that with Abyssinia's recent aggression this will be the start of what could be some regional wars in the future. How is the overall living standard in Africa compared to OTL?

Really like the Rowland presidency. Seems like he's a no-nonsense man of action that I would have voted for TTL. What are the full extent of his domestic policies for the United States? What major platforms are the Republican Party trying to push now that they're in control? Also who is Rowland's picture based off of. From both his look and background I'd say he reminds me of Tucker Carlson.

Looking forward to what becomes of Russia now that it has slid back into an Autocratic Reactionary state. I could see them making a alliance with either the Persian Bloc or the Turin Pact to deal with the threats of both China and Germany respectively. I don't know if you read my earlier post Mac Gregor but will Russia in the future slide into a form of Corporatism as the Russian people are filled with a Revanchist drive to restore the Empire after the disaster of the IEF Civil War? I can certainly see a Putin-esque figure coming into power to "Make Russia Great Again" and slowly start to steal power away from the Tsar while maintaining open appearances of loyalty to the monarch.

Looking forward to more!

Kaiser Chris,

Thanks for comments and congratulations on your Turtledove win. To answer a few of your questions...

Q: What's America's achievements in the Space Race over the others?
A: The U.S. has had a series of space race achievements including the first satellite, first moon landing, and the first woman in space.

Q: How is the overall living standard in Africa compared to OTL?
A: Overall things are better, but there are still some pretty bad places like the Islamic Republic of Chad and the Republic of the Umbangi to name a couple.

Q: What are the full extent of President Rowland's domestic policies for the United States? What major platforms are the Republican Party trying to push now that they're in control?
A: Domestically, Rowland and the Republicans are revamping the America's efforts in space, constructing a national fiber optic network, and working with the state's to expand technical training and apprentice systems for youths.

Q: Who is Rowland's picture based off of?
A: Jim Cawley, the 32nd Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania.

Q: Will Russia in the future slide into a form of Corporatism as the Russian people are filled with a Revanchist drive to restore the Empire after the disaster of the IEF Civil War?
A: Only time will tell ;)! Some in Russia certainly want to. Others are happy to be rid of the non-Slavs in the empire. And I would say Russia is less corporatist and more conservative ethno-nationalist.

Cheers!

Alliance Map: 2007
See the map below for a more nuanced look at selected alliances/power blocs as of 2007 showing sphere's of influence. This is by no means definitive and is open to interpretation. For example, some would have Canada split between the ComNat and the LAR because of the importance of American trade. Other's would list Georgia with the Turkic League due to growing ties, event though it isn't a member. Oh, and I decided to keep the name Organization for Mutual Development for the Persian bloc. for Feel free to discuss.
Alliance map 2006.png

Last edited:
I think that you forgot Tibet and Kashmir. Weren't they belong to sphere of Russia?

I think that Georgia and Armenia might very well seek alliance with AES. In fact, it is most plausible thing.

AAA is bit odd looking when member nations are so far from each others, speciality West Africa.

When did Philippines join to LAR or is that color just descriping its close relationships with USA?

And I think that there might will be another bloc agains Persian bloc. Probably formed by Kurdistan, Syria, Arabia, Kuwait and Arab Emirates.

Perhaps Indonesia, Japan and Philippines could form military alliance which would be strongly supported by USA. If I have understand correctly ITTL Japanese military is stronger than OTL Japanese "military".

The Philippines is also part of the LAR according to the map

I think that means that it is in the sphere of influence of them more than anything.

Makes me think Guinea-Bissau and Liberia should be interested in trying to seek LAR support, since West Africa did noise about annexing them.

EDIT: Especially in light of the Philippines being considered in the LAR sphere. That would mean that the LAR is finally extending out of the New World, which was the earlier argument against their inclusion.

Last edited: